Pandora

Default Waterproof Lavs

I think Audio Technica might have advertised one at one point but not lately.

"Charles Tomaras" wrote in message ...
"Mike Rivers" wrote in message news:znr1068207193k@trad...

In article

writes:

Which are known as water-resistant or waterproof. I believe the
Countryman B6 is. Which other Countryman are? Any other brands that
are?

Nothing in this category is truly waterproof, but AKG has, in the
past, had an exhibit at trade shows with a tiny matchhead-sized mic
in a glass of water. The point is that they don't crap out when the
performer sweats.

Are you sure it was AKG? I attend most of the trade shows and as a production
sound mixer I make a point of checking out the lav mics. As my primary "large"
lavalier mic has been the AKG CK77 for quite a few years now I always get by the
AKG booth and have never seen this. I'm pretty sure you are referring to
Countryman's booth which has done the "lav in a glass of wet stuff" demo for
many years running now at both the AES and NAB shows

The Countryman B-6 has become my most used lav mic in the last few years and
I've never had a moisture problem with it. I've even planted one in the
headliner of a car that was repeatedly (5 takes CBS The Fugitive) completely
submerged with the actors delivering dialog in that last breath of air bubble at
the top of the car before it completely filled with water. Once the car went
completely under you could hear the "blog blog" and bubbles of the water and
when the car was hauled back up it started working again immediately, exhibiting
no ill effects.

Charles Tomaras
Seattle, WA