IS

Default DAW for about $1000 Recomendation

Can anyone recommend a DAW for about $1000?
I've been looking at the Yamaha AW 16G.
I would prefer something with a hard drive and possibly CD-RW although not
as important.
I prefer something with more than just two XLR inputs. Plus phantom power.

Thanks.

IS.

LJM

Check out an Akai DPS16 however it only has 2 XLR inputs but it does
have phantom power and a total of 8 inputs. It is far superior to the
AW16G. They are not available new but can be found on ebay for less
than $1000 If you would like to hear some of the stuff I recorded on it
shoot me an email and I will send you a link.

Jim Maxon