Ethan Winogrand

Default OPINIONS ON MV692 CAPSULES

I have recently got my hands on a pair of MV692 Gefell mics with UM70
capsules. One came with the small diaphram M70 capsule. I would like
to either pair up another M70 or depending on what people think around
here, try finding a pair of M94s. These seem to be the two cardiod
capsules for the MV692. My question is, what is the difference between
the M70 and M94, is one considered better/smoother/warmer/harsher?

Any opinions will be appreciated.

Ethan Winogrand
Spokes Studio
Oviedo, Spain
Twist Turner

The M94's sound much better than the M70's. I"ve heard is a nickel
plated capsule, the same one used in some of the earlier tube neumanns,
model numbers are escaping me now, possibly the KM54 or Km64(anybody
know for sure) the M93 omni's are nice too.

Opinions on Sub fr335tyl3r Car Audio 2 January 3rd 04 02:25 AM
Searching schematics to build figure eight mic with Panasonic capsules Scott Dorsey Pro Audio 4 August 27th 03 03:26 PM
Opinions on M&K 5.1 monitors Daryn Barry Pro Audio 0 August 8th 03 06:39 AM
FS: AKG C-501E / C-502E Electret Condenser Microphones, 3 Extra Capsules Mark Glinsky Pro Audio 0 August 3rd 03 03:21 AM
Opinions on new Schoeps amplifier J. Joyce Pro Audio 0 July 5th 03 11:31 AM