Thomas

Default IMDB for music industry?

I've tried to search for a music biz site as vast for music industry as
international movie database is for movies, but haven't found any decent.

Does anyone know, are there any music sites where you could, for example,
search for a producer/mixer and then you could see all the known projects he
has been in?

International movie database is by far the best movie site I've come across,
there
ought to be an audio-related site of the same scale!

Kurt Albershardt

Thomas wrote:

Does anyone know, are there any music sites where you could, for example,
search for a producer/mixer and then you could see all the known projects he
has been in?

http://www.allmusic.com/ is a good start.

Jay - atldigi

In article , "Thomas"
wrote:

I've tried to search for a music biz site as vast for music industry as
international movie database is for movies, but haven't found any decent.

Does anyone know, are there any music sites where you could, for example,
search for a producer/mixer and then you could see all the known projects
he has been in?

International movie database is by far the best movie site I've come
across,there ought to be an audio-related site of the same scale!

allmusic.com is the music biz equivalent, but it is neither
comprehensive nor error free. That said, it is a good resource, and with
an undertaking that large, I guess one can understand the flaws.

--
Jay Frigoletto
Mastersuite
Richard Crowley

"Jay - atldigi" wrote ...
allmusic.com is the music biz equivalent, but it is neither
comprehensive nor error free. That said, it is a good resource,
and with an undertaking that large, I guess one can understand
the flaws.

IMDb started as the hobby of a couple guys (in LA, IIRC)
Then Amazon bought it and continues to add/revise data.
They have grown it into an industry resource with IMDbPro.

IMDb is likely a good source of DVD & VHS purchases
for Amazon.com I wonder if they would do the same for
audio recordings by buying allmusic?

Music Industry in UK Kortex3 Pro Audio 7 October 6th 03 04:13 PM
Recording Industry independent's Eagle Academy Pro Audio 0 September 12th 03 03:40 PM
How'd you guys get rid of Trotsky? Jerry Nazareth Audio Opinions 33 July 25th 03 11:56 AM
The state of thee music industry in general, and Pro Audio... Michael M. Koch Pro Audio 15 July 4th 03 04:28 PM