justin smith

Default Mic Pres built into the Delta 1010 LT

Does anyone have any experience with the mic pres built into the
M-Audio Delta 1010 LT card? Are they worth while or should they
avoided all together? I know they offer no phantom power, which isn't
a big deal for me. I am especially interested in their headroom, as I
would like to use them on close mic'd drums (snare, kick, etc.) Any
thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Thanks-
Justin.S
Dik LeDoux

I could be out in the weeds on this. But if the LT is almost HALF the cost
of the regular 1010, it seems unlikely that the mic preamps will be all that
great. PLUS... you only get 2 XLR inputs.

dik