Scott D

Default Sound Designer II Still Available?

Is Digidesign Sound Designer II still available anywhere?

Thanks,
Scott.
david

In article , Scott D
wrote:

Is Digidesign Sound Designer II still available anywhere?

Thanks,
Scott.

Digi will sell you the last rev (2.83) along with a floppy
w/authorizations for I think $50 if you own the software. If you don't
already own it keep an eye on ebay or ask around. Heck, why not ask
Digi if you can buy it from them.

Remember, you have to use an older Mac and older Digi hardware to run
SD. I have a 8500 in my control room with an AM3 card just to run SD
and MasterlistCD. I love those 2 apps.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com
david

In article ,
Pat Janes wrote:

In article ,
david wrote:

Digi will sell you the last rev (2.83) along with a floppy
w/authorizations for I think $50 if you own the software.

Interesting. I couldn't find any info about this at the digi site. A
friend of mine has been using SDII with his key disk in the floppy drive
because his installable authorisations got chewed up by a virus, the one
and only virus I've ever seen do serious damage on a Mac.

When the floppy wears out his SDII will be useless. We were both under
the impression that digi no longer provided support of any kind for SDII.

Call them. They will take your money.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

In article ,
Pat Janes wrote:

In article ,
david wrote:

Digi will sell you the last rev (2.83) along with a floppy
w/authorizations for I think $50 if you own the software.

Interesting. I couldn't find any info about this at the digi site. A
friend of mine has been using SDII with his key disk in the floppy drive
because his installable authorisations got chewed up by a virus, the one
and only virus I've ever seen do serious damage on a Mac.

When the floppy wears out his SDII will be useless. We were both under
the impression that digi no longer provided support of any kind for SDII.

Hope this helps. :-)

http://www.digidesign.com/download/legacy/

http://www.digidesign.com/support/compat/