Rick Felter

Default Kenwood KDC-MP922 dims when applying brake or shifting into reverse

I recently installed a Kenwood KDC-MP922 in a 97 Nissan Altima.. Using
the dashboard light lead from the stereo and hooking it up to the
factory wire for the backlight on the stereo, the dimmer works as
expected when at least my parking lights are on -- the Kenwood display
dims and stays that way. However, during the daytime when I dont have
my lights on, if I step on the brake, or when I shift into reverse,
the Kenwood momentarily dims for a split second, and goes back to the
normal brightness.. I would imagine the radio is picking up a
momentary 12V on the lead when I do those two things... Has anyone
else experienced this on a Nissan Altima, or know what could be
causing it? Thanks.

Rick