Jason

Default what should i do?

"scat131" wrote in message
s.com...
alright i got alot of money from graduation so im looking to fix up the
sound in my car. Right now i have a 97 cavalier with stock everything
and it only plays cd's. I'm deciding what exactly I should do and here
are my choices.. yes im after the best sound quality i can get

- Buy a new stronger headunit with line inputs and hookup my portable
mp3 player (6 gigs) to it, cheaper option since I already have the mp3
player

- Buy a new stronger headunit that plays CD's and buy a CD burner, then
burn mp3's onto cd's and use em in my car, going to cost more but I'm
pretty sure the quality would be better then the mp3 hookup

I was also thinking about getting just a real good tape player for my
car and then i can use the tape adapter that comes with my mp3 player
and hook it up but i think the cost of a cd headunit would be worth the
better quality because im thinking the tape adapter is giong to sound
horrible coming from an mp3 player.

I'm not really sure how much better the burnt cd's would sound than the
mp3 line input hookup so any feedback is appreciated..
--
scat131
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=148348

You should b able to find plenty of MP3 playing stereos for under 200 bucks.
Thats your best option. Check www.sounddomain.com

Jason

"scat131" wrote in message
s.com...
alright this questino is a real stupid one but how do those work ?
--
scat131
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=148348

Not a stupid question... a good one in fact.

An MP3 playing deck will let you burn MP3s onto a CDR from your computer. I
have found a single CDR will hold up to 300 songs.. almost 10 hours worth.
Then you take this CDR, which normally only works in a computer, and put it
in the MP3 deck. It will play the songs just like a computer. So you only
have a few CDs to hold ALL your music. And you don't have to plug and
unplug an MP3 player! Make sense? I assume you have a CDRW on your
computer...

Tacomaboy

"scat131" wrote in message
s.com...
ahh ok thanks jason, only i dont think i have a cdrw on my computer heh
--
scat131
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=148348

Well, I bet you could GET one for 20 bucks@ less than 50 bucks for a top o
the line one new!

scat131

ok if i get a cdrw and cdr's or whatever i wont even be using my
portable mp3 player and i can sell it on ebay? or do i need it?
--
scat131
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=148348

Tacomaboy

"scat131" wrote in message
s.com...
ok if i get a cdrw and cdr's or whatever i wont even be using my
portable mp3 player and i can sell it on ebay? or do i need it?
--
scat131
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=148348

LOL well that depends on you. Do you listen to it at work? Myself, yeah I
would sell it on ebay... but *maybe* I would bring it to work, since my work
machine (the one I can use for music at least) has no CDROM.

DaMoe

"SmilingSinner" wrote in message
The first thing to do is rip out all the stock speakers wiring and head

unit
and replace them with aftermarkets of your preferance.

I second that, especially if your interested in sound quality

scat131

tahts what i plan to do eventually, im changing the headunit now,
speakers next, with some help from you fine people im sure itll sound
real nice when im done
--
scat131
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over half a million post online!
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=148348

Vandamn

hi
i am thinking about mp3 unit also. is there a difference in sound quality
between mp3 unit and a regular player. have a lot to learn.
thanks
s.com...