The Big E

Default Lexus RX 330 - DVD / Nav question

I have the new Lexus RX 330 with Nav and the rear dvd. When I have the
parking brake on and not moving the DVD plays through the nav up front. When
I disengage the parking brake or move the screen cuts off from the DVD to the
nav.

Does anyone have any fixes so I can continue to watch the DVD on the go up
front on the nav. Yes I know it is illegal in some states.

thanks and let me know

Mark

crodriguez

Hello Mark...

My shop in baltimore does this work.
If you near here you could have it done.

"The Big E" wrote in message
I have the new Lexus RX 330 with Nav and the rear dvd. When I have the
parking brake on and not moving the DVD plays through the nav up front.

When
I disengage the parking brake or move the screen cuts off from the DVD to

the
nav.

Does anyone have any fixes so I can continue to watch the DVD on the go up
front on the nav. Yes I know it is illegal in some states.

thanks and let me know

Mark

The Big E

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:56:51 -0400, crodriguez wrote
(in message ):

"The Big E" wrote in message
I have the new Lexus RX 330 with Nav and the rear dvd. When I have the
parking brake on and not moving the DVD plays through the nav up front.

When
I disengage the parking brake or move the screen cuts off from the DVD to

the
nav.

Does anyone have any fixes so I can continue to watch the DVD on the go up
front on the nav. Yes I know it is illegal in some states.

thanks and let me know

Mark

Sorry - I am in NC - I have a friend that knows what he is doing with radios
and such, but not too much with video. If he could talk to someone over
there and find out the how to etc.. that would be great!! What car did you
have done etc..?

thanks and let me know

Mark

The Big E

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:50:33 -0400, Evan wrote
(in message ):

I helped a buddy install on in his Tahoe.

Now his is aftermarket sound like yours is stock.

How it works (or how his works) when you set the parking break, the pedal
makes
a connection, that closes the circuit, that turns the light on your dash
"break" all his system required was to be attach a lead wire to this
trigger.
So when the break light come on so did the DVD, so I got a volt meter and
realized that when the pedal closes the circuit it is grounded, so I got an
alligator clip and grounded the wire, it works, so I permanently grounded
this
instead of attaching to the break.

See if you can get under the break and fine the trigger that turns the dash
light on. See if that lets your DVD work (just the light w/o setting the
break), if so, see if you can find an wire that might lead to the DVD. If
not,
ground the switch perminintly, your break light will be on all the time but
so
will you DVD.

Drive safe . . . yea right

Thanks for the info - what troubles me now is the vss or speed sensor that
tells the nav that I am in motion.

Anyone, Anyone??

thanks

Mark

Audio CD Ripping Question Maxwell Smart General 5 August 24th 04 11:05 AM
ipod question Jeffrey Dunnam General 2 March 7th 04 06:35 PM
Behringer Eurorack UB802 question? TheKeith General 5 March 3rd 04 12:41 AM
Newbie question: What software 2 use 4 recording 2 x AES/EBU (2xstereo) bERt General 0 January 26th 04 04:27 PM
question about technical stuff Sumedh General 1 September 7th 03 02:12 AM