Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default There Is A Flaw, can YOU detect it?

Might have been remixed, and might have been corrected [pre-process the individual tracks] when mixing, but I as I hear it, it is unwelcome and not part of "music"... The Seekers, A World Of Our Own, 1965, Stereo....
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ldofourown.mp3

p.s. Others who remix leave unwanted sound that was never part of an original mix, Mono or Stereo, yet claim "single mix".

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis[_3_] Gareth Magennis[_3_] is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

Might have been remixed, and might have been corrected [pre-process the
individual tracks] when mixing, but I as I hear it, it is unwelcome and not
part of "music"... The Seekers, A World Of Our Own, 1965, Stereo....
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ldofourown.mp3

p.s. Others who remix leave unwanted sound that was never part of an
original mix, Mono or Stereo, yet claim "single mix".

Jack

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

That 12 string riff at the very start appears to be panned left and also
seems to have the bass in it.

The riff in reinserted several times dead centre, e.g. at 1.07. It's way
too bottom endy compared with the rest of the song, and way too much in your
face, and I think still contains a bass guitar (or acoustic bass), or even a
different bass line, so the bass is doubled, panned once far left, and then
again centre.

Sounds really clumsy to me.
And way too much not very nice reverb as well.
And the bongo's are really peaky, needs EQ'ing out. Shocking.

Oh, and you forgot to boost the 3KHz this time.

Do I win my 5 pounds?

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 6:18:45 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Well, you did bring up a good point, maybe worth 2 pounds. I hear a flaw, at 54 seconds, maybe someone hits the body of an acoustic guitar by accident.. However, I applaud, a realtime recording, no overdubbing, I believe. Why, on PBS, maybe The Seekers, sounded as good live as in the studio, decades later!

Jack

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Blimey, a slight "tock" at 54 seconds, eh.

I think we are on different planets, Jack.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

-- True, it is minor, but shouldn't be there.

I think we are on different planets, Jack.

-- We may be :-)

-- Hush, -1 Ron C.

Jack

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tom McCreadie Tom McCreadie is offline

"JackA" wrote in message

[...]

Gareth, apologies for the OT comment, but please get, or learn to use, a
Newsreader that properly handles quoted text in threads.

Your posts can be rather confusing because - to me at least - the quoted text of
the last poster to whom you are responding is always assigned the same
formatting degree as that of your own response.
--
Tom McCreadie

Live at The London Palindrome - ABBA