BadAndy208

Default Enclosure question

I just purchased 2 JL12W0's and a Kenwood KAC-7251 amp that I am having
installed in extended cab area of my 2002 Ford Ranger. I also bought 2 single
prefab 12" MDF enclosures for the subs. My plan is to have the 2 boxes
standing on their ends, so that they are basically standing up instead of
sitting down. For the amp, I am wanting to use either a piece of plywood or
MDF to connect the 2 boxes, which i will mount the amp in the middle of the
board. I want to do it this way so I don't have to drill into the frame of the
truck, and so that it will hopefully help steady the 2 boxes. Here is what I am
wanting to know...

1) Would I be better off with plywood, or the MDF for this wall for the amp?
2) What kind of price can I expect to pay for these 2? The size would be
roughly 2'x4'
3)Where can I find the carpet to cover this board that would match the carpet
on the prefab boxes(greyish black)? Would this be available at a HomeDepot type
store? or would I be able to get it from my local car audio shop?

Thanks for anyone that can help, and quick responses are appreciated as I
having it installed on saturday, and with it beign holiday week, i have minimal
time to locate and prepare this before the amp must be put in.
Thank you very much!
Andy
Michael \(LS\)

"BadAndy208" wrote in message
[...]

You know, I'm not really sure if it matters. I always use MDF but then
that's because I always seem to have some of it lying around.

2) What kind of price can I expect to pay for these 2? The size would be
roughly 2'x4'

Under $10.

3)Where can I find the carpet to cover this board that would match the

carpet
on the prefab boxes(greyish black)? Would this be available at a HomeDepot

type
store? or would I be able to get it from my local car audio shop?

Depends. Home Depot will probably have something that matches the prefab
carpet. If you want to match you trucks carpet (or if Home Depot does have
the right stuff) you'll need to go to an automotive supply store (i.e. Napa
Auto Parts, Checker Auto, Bumper-to-Bumper etc.). When I'm trying to match
my stock carpet I usually go to an automotive upholstery shop because they
have the exact match, and their prices are reasonable.

Thanks for anyone that can help, and quick responses are appreciated as I
having it installed on saturday, and with it beign holiday week, i have

minimal
time to locate and prepare this before the amp must be put in.
Thank you very much!
Andy

HTH,

Michael (LS)

Fool4vb

3)Where can I find the carpet to cover this board that would match the
carpet
on the prefab boxes(greyish black)? Would this be available at a

HomeDepot
type
store? or would I be able to get it from my local car audio shop?

Depends. Home Depot will probably have something that matches the prefab
carpet. If you want to match you trucks carpet (or if Home Depot does

have
the right stuff) you'll need to go to an automotive supply store (i.e.

Napa
Auto Parts, Checker Auto, Bumper-to-Bumper etc.). When I'm trying to

match
my stock carpet I usually go to an automotive upholstery shop because they
have the exact match, and their prices are reasonable.

For carpet to match the boxes as you asked (not the interior carpet), look
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-obFA628...&search=carpet

I'm sure there are other places but this came to mind first.

Joel

Question about digital audio servers Vince F. Bundy General 2 March 23rd 04 04:34 AM
ipod question Jeffrey Dunnam General 2 March 7th 04 06:35 PM
Dynaco 400 question: DC General 0 November 16th 03 09:52 PM
Cables used when rec. from tape to PC question. MG Lewis General 2 October 28th 03 07:54 PM
question gijs General 3 October 5th 03 04:31 AM