knud

Default "Total Recall"

Mostly it was hagglers setting up desks at private business establishments
and screaming in the ears of everyone. There were some legal battles where I
live between the annoying pricks harrasing customers and the businesses who
wanted them to get off their property. Once I went to the supermarket for some
antacid and this little sideburned prick screamed in my ear to sign the recall.
I ignored him, went inside and got my crap. On my way out he yelled AGAIN at
point blank range right into my ear. I got up in his face and told him to shut
the **** up, at which he smiled, like he was getting off on it. So I rounded up
a couple buddies, grabbed a tablet of paper, scribbled out a phony form and
popped in a fresh video tape. We went down there and I stood and yelled in that
pricks ear to sign our petition for about almost an hour and we filmed the
whole thing. I gotta say, that guy must have been a career public nuisance
because he didn't even budge the whole time. I wonder where they get these
people...

blahblah
ALL MUSIC IS ORIGINAL...
EVEN IF ONLY ONE NOTE IS CHANGED!
EVERYONE CREATES IN A VACUUM!
Scott Dorsey

knud wrote:
I gotta say, that guy must have been a career public nuisance
because he didn't even budge the whole time. I wonder where they get these
people...

Unemployed telemarketers?

knud

They pay them for each signature they produce. They are supposed to be
registered voters, but no one seems to have checked. Oddly, I never
encountered
anyone with a recall petition in the bay area... Probably just as well: I'm
told
I embarass my wife enough as it is.

Come to think of it, I didn't encounter any petitioners in the bay area
either. Wonder why?

It may be interesting to note that the vast majority of people I saw
signing were quite elderly. The way they had it set up, you would think you're
signing something to save orphans or something. Lots of people signed without
realizing what they were doing. Some call it democracy at work... I call it
deception at work.

blahblah
ALL MUSIC IS ORIGINAL...
EVEN IF ONLY ONE NOTE IS CHANGED!
EVERYONE CREATES IN A VACUUM!

WillStG

(knud)

It may be interesting to note that the vast majority of people I saw
signing were quite elderly. The way they had it set up, you would think
you're
signing something to save orphans or something. Lots of people signed without
realizing what they were doing. Some call it democracy at work... I call it
deception at work.

Dude, the recall passed by a landslide. You can call everyone in the State
an idiot if it makes you feel better, but you cannot deny that the sentiment
supporting recall was extremely widespread, the turnout was about 20% higher
than the last Presidential election, and there is no segment of the population
that didn't show show strong support for the recall. Davis tried every trick
in the book along the way, tried to pay off everyone who supported him in the
past and the public just didn't buy it.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

EggHd

Dude, the recall passed by a landslide.

Not if you look at who voted no on the recall and who voted for Arnold. VERY
close.

---------------------------------------

WillStG

(EggHd)

Not if you look at who voted no on the recall and who voted for Arnold. VERY
close.

If you consider an Apples And Oranges comparison meaningful. Over 55%
voted to recall. THAT's a landslide.

If you add Arnold's and McClintock's number together, the next in line
Democrat lost by 2,200,000 votes! That's a major repudiation of Democratic
"Politics as usual" in the Golden State.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

EggHd

If you add Arnold's and McClintock's number together, the next in line
Democrat lost by 2,200,000 votes!

What does putting their numbers together have to do with anything?

If you look at who voted no and who voted for Arnold there is a 20K vote
difference. That's apples to apples.

Bustamante got over 1,000,000 more votes that Mclintock.

Of course the movie star won. He was on Jay leno, Oprah, everything that the
others couldn't get close to.

---------------------------------------

EganMedia

That's a major repudiation of Democratic
"Politics as usual" in the Golden State.

Arnold deserves to be governor... and California deverves Arnold.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com

Guitarboy

In article , WillStG
wrote:

(EggHd)

Not if you look at who voted no on the recall and who voted for Arnold. VERY
close.

If you consider an Apples And Oranges comparison meaningful. Over 55%
voted to recall. THAT's a landslide.

If you add Arnold's and McClintock's number together, the next in line
Democrat lost by 2,200,000 votes! That's a major repudiation of Democratic
"Politics as usual" in the Golden State.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

a lot of dumb stupid as an ox middle aged white men sitting around in
front of the tube watching fox scratching their balls and angry as hell
at the economy that bush has created but fox managed to pin on davis.
but then again nobody ever went broke or lost an election UNDER-
estimating the intelligence of the average american. the billionaire
who run and benefit from fox are laughing all the way to their now tax
free trustfunds

LeBaron & Alrich

Default OT "Total Recall"

WillStG wrote:

That's a major repudiation of Democratic "Politics as usual"
in the Golden State.

Unfortunately you are as ignorant as many California voters, seeing as
how the situation against which they voted is Enron's politics as usual,
and somehow the Democratness of that escapes me. Apparently a lot more
than that escapes you.

--
ha

LeBaron & Alrich

EggHd wrote:

What does putting their numbers together have to do with anything?

It allows Will to be an arithmetician.

--
ha

WillStG

(LeBaron & Alrich)
Unfortunately you are as ignorant as many California voters, seeing as how the

situation against which they voted is Enron's politics as usual, and somehow
the Democratness of that escapes me. Apparently a lot more than that escapes
you.

Let me be more clear Hank. 55% overall voted for the recall, and 48%
overall voted for Arnold. More people voted for Arnold than voted against the
recall. And Bustamonte made a pathetic showing despite a split in the
Republican vote, if you consolidate the Arnold votes and the McClintock votes
just how PO'ed the California electorate was should be crystal clear. This
election was a major repudiation of the Democratic _Party_ in California's
"business as usual", and the sooner you start trying to figure out why that is
and stop swallowing hook line and sinker all the BS talking points the Party
puts out for the "True Believers'" , the more in touch with reality you will
be.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

WillStG

(EggHd)

What does putting their numbers together have to do with anything?

It shows a major repudiation of the Democratic Party, even with a spilt in
the Republican Party the nearest Democrat was trounced.

If you look at who voted no and who voted for Arnold there is a 20K vote

difference. That's apples to apples.

That is incorrect.

Arnold got 48.7 % of the overall vote, and 55.4 % supported the recall.
More people voted for Arnold than opposed the recall.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

knud

Dude, the recall passed by a landslide. You can call everyone in the
State
an idiot if it makes you feel better, but you cannot deny that the sentiment
supporting recall was extremely widespread, the turnout was about 20% higher
than the last Presidential election, and there is no segment of the
population
that didn't show show strong support for the recall.

It doesn't matter to me. I'm not interested in the whole thing. However
where I live the methods used by the recall solicitors were underhanded and
tacky. That is the only point I am making, so save your imagined argument for
someone else.

blahblah
ALL MUSIC IS ORIGINAL...
EVEN IF ONLY ONE NOTE IS CHANGED!
EVERYONE CREATES IN A VACUUM!

EggHd

It shows a major repudiation of the Democratic Party, even with a spilt in
the Republican Party the nearest Democrat was trounced.

Unless you factor in that the nearest democrat wasn't trounced. But yes Arnold
did get more "yes" votes than Gray Davis but by a slim margin.

---------------------------------------

MikeK

"WillStG" wrote in message

If you consider an Apples And Oranges comparison meaningful. Over

55%
voted to recall. THAT's a landslide.

Seriously, I want to know when winning by 10% became a landslide. Seems
every president has claimed a "landslide" and a "mandate" since as far back
as I can remember. Some of those got a lot of electoral college votes but
the actual vote was 10% or less difference.

Any sport I can think of, 10% difference is a "close game."

WillStG

(knud)
It doesn't matter to me. I'm not interested in the whole thing. However where

I live the methods used by the recall solicitors were underhanded and tacky.
That is the only point I am making, so save your imagined argument for someone
else.

You were trying to claim by extension that the whole recall process was
bogus, contrived and manipulated and as such did not reflect the position of
the people of the State of California. The results of the election show
incontrovertibly that such claims are crap.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

WillStG

(EggHd)
Unless you factor in that the nearest democrat wasn't trounced.

How is being recalled by 55.7% of the heavily Democratic electorate NOT
being "trounced" when you're a Democrat? Because in a field of hundreds of
candidates Arnold only got 3% than voted against the recall? That's a very
very weak assertion Dude, methinks you are still in some serious denial...

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

EggHd

How is being recalled by 55.7% of the heavily Democratic electorate NOT
being "trounced" when you're a Democrat?

You need to calm down a little.

Because in a field of hundreds of
candidates Arnold only got 3% than voted against the recall? That's a very
very weak assertion Dude, methinks you are still in some serious denial...

I don't follow. My point is simple. very close to the same amount of people
voted FOR Arnold as governor thaqn did to keep Davis.

FYI, I'm not trying to take this partisan. Why are you?