David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Default Hey Home Guys & gamers.... SoundBlaster question

I have posted this on alt.music.4-track and alt.music.home-studio
but thought I might give it a try here as well.

This one is not really up my alley of experience in usage, but I am
trying to help out a friend.

The card in question is...

Creative SB DB-III 'Live' with D-800 package

The problem is this...

My friend has bought SoundForge in order to edit live recordings for
his PA clients and other personal uses. Unfortunately, SoundForge
does not see anything but the card's analog noise floor when using
the DB-III's Optical SPDIF inputs.

SF recognizes the card and sees input on the 'line-in' with no problem.

The SB main interface board is installed along with the digital bracket.
The OS is Windows 98SE on a 1.7gHz Athalon with 256meg. My friend
wants to use the optical light-pipe I/O... that's why he bought the card.

Even though the optical input is seen by Windows and monitors the input
with no problem, SoundForge seems to see nothing but the analog line in.
I am familiar with SoundForge, so I believe that I have checked all that is
necessary there.

Can any one offer me a clue as to why the SB Optical ins are seen by
Windows but not by Forge?

TIA

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s.com

Arny Krueger

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

[...]

Is SF using the ASIO or MMC drivers?

Romeo Rondeau

Is SF using the ASIO or MMC drivers?

Soundforge doesn't do ASIO. Dave, check the routing/ mixing applet that
comes with the Soundblaster drivers, you should be able to change the source
there. Soundforge wants to see 2 ports and two ports only, so it isn't a
matter of choosing the other ports, like it would be with something like
Nuendo or Cubase.

Ethan Winer

David,

I have posted this on alt.music.4-track

I answered you there. Too lazy to type it again here.

--Ethan

Ethan Winer

David,

Newbie home cinema question G General 6 January 18th 04 06:26 PM
Newbie home cinema question G Audio Opinions 6 January 18th 04 06:26 PM
Best magazines for home theatre to subscribe to? Johnny Canuck Audio Opinions 4 October 16th 03 01:59 PM
Condenser Mic / home computer set up question Gil Paul Pro Audio 2 September 5th 03 05:26 PM
Repost: Reason 2.0 on a Celeron 2GHz laptop. Scott Elliott Birch General 17 July 7th 03 11:20 PM