Thomas Bishop

Default Got a QuadMic

I just got an RME QuadMic yesterday and I need to use it tonight. I was
hoping that someone could help me with making a battery pack since the
included "manual" is horrible (It's one page front and back). Voltage
requirements are anywhere between 7-38 VDC, and it draws 380 mA at 12 V.
The QuadMic comes with a connection cable (power jack to 6.3 mm terminals)
I want a configuration that will allow for the longest life possible and I
need to be able to find the parts at Radio Shack because I don't have time
to order anything. How can I make a battery pack? Thanks a lot.

Kurt Albershardt

Thomas Bishop wrote:
I just got an RME QuadMic yesterday and I need to use it tonight. I was
hoping that someone could help me with making a battery pack
I want a configuration that will allow for the longest life possible and I
need to be able to find the parts at Radio Shack because I don't have time
to order anything. How can I make a battery pack?

Look in the Yellow Pages for a local battery supplier and buy a 12V
sealed lead-acid battery from them. How long do you want the battery to
last, and how much weight do you want to carry? a 5 AH battery should
do nicely for starters. The battery place should also have an
appropriate charger.

Radio Shack can help with a fuse and the requisite coax power plug.

The other option is to use a 9.6V RC car battery (NiCd.) Detailed
directions for that are here
http://www.oade.com/cgi-bin/miva?For...+message=13228

Yuri T.

Eight D cell batteries in series? Should give you 12V and a pretty
fair amout of available current.
Yuri T.