thelostorange

Default where to find

i was wondering since if someone here could help me out . right now im
tryin to kinda " break into " recording scene . at this point you can
say that in new , but tryin to learn as much as i can as the days
pass, and also about to be goin to school for it .
i guess im just lookin for that "foot in the door " right now so it
will help me later . really doesnt matter what im doin as long as i
atleast get to be around it .
so im just looking for intern type stuff or someone willing to give
someone a try.

so any ideas would be great help , and thanks ahead of time
Scott Dorsey

In article ,
thelostorange wrote:
i was wondering since if someone here could help me out . right now im
tryin to kinda " break into " recording scene . at this point you can
say that in new , but tryin to learn as much as i can as the days
pass, and also about to be goin to school for it .
i guess im just lookin for that "foot in the door " right now so it
will help me later . really doesnt matter what im doin as long as i
atleast get to be around it .
so im just looking for intern type stuff or someone willing to give
someone a try.

so any ideas would be great help , and thanks ahead of time

Learn how to repair equipment. Get a good grounding in electronics and
troubleshooting.

Every studio in the world has thousands of kids beating down their door
who want to be mix engineers, but at the time time they are desperate to
find competent maintenance crew. If you can do component level repair on
pro-audio gear, you can pretty much write your own ticket.

And there are an awful lot of big name production guys who started out
doing maintenance.

Marc Wielage

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:54:36 -0700, thelostorange wrote
(in message ) :

i was wondering since if someone here could help me out . right now im
tryin to kinda " break into " recording scene...
-----------------------------snip----------------------------

The best thing you can do is read this book:

THE ASSISTANT ENGINEERS' HANDBOOK
by Tim Crich
published by Black Ink Publishing (ISBN #0-969-82230-8)

I got my copy from Music Books Plus.com, which is here on the Net:

http://www.musicbooksplus.com/books/bl001.htm

I can't say enough good things about this book. I wish I had the advice in
this book before I moved to LA about 25 years ago. It might have saved me a
lot of time (along with lessons learned the hard way).

Full Sail and all those other expensive recording schools ought to use this
as a textbook, if they don't already.

--MFW

thelostorange

thanks for the info ... and actually that is the other reason i moved
out to cali cause i know if that i would have any chance of gettin in
, it would be out here and not some po dunk city .
thelostorange