Chuck Duffy

Default paris daw update

Hi all,

This message may interest to paris users, and possibly others

As some of you know I've spent the last year or so porting EPS2 based
DSP plugins from the DP/PRO to the PARIS DAW. I've also created some
entirely new effects.

So far I've ported and released the following algos:

10 band fixed eq
Parametric eq
Mastering limiter
Pseudo stereo
Multi Pitch Shift
Phaser + DDL
Flanger + DDL
Chorus + DDL
Kickback - adds a pure full scale sine tone of a chosen frequency
triggered by incoming audio.

My fellow coders have the following effects in the can and nearing
release

Expert Reverb 1
Expert Reverb 2

I have the next group 99% finished and am documenting:

Key gate
Precision limiter
Demolition Lofi Effects
Opto Feedback Compressor
3 Band compressor

I have the following on the plate:

"Drumagog" type drum replacer plug with 8 sample trigger latency.
This one is can be played "live", ie you can mic up your left hand
tapping a table top for the kick and the right hand tapping out the
snare. It's pretty wild.

Of course it can also be used to replace kicks with sampled kicks with
8 sample latency.

Most of these plugs have latency on the order of 2-5 samples and run
on the DSP chips of the EDS cards.

I've been getting a ton of great feedback on the sound.

You can check them out @ www.myparispro.com including our XP drivers.

It's been a real trip getting my C++ chops back for the UI
development, and truly mind blowing learning a defunct DSP assembly
language based on information from the patent filing.

Chuck