Harvey Gerst

Default Sunset Sound / Studio One / 1972-1973

"Mats Karlsson" wrote:

Anyone here know what equipment was used?

I was listening to early Jackson Browne albums recorded there and they sound
amazing, at least to my ears.
Obviously this is mostly due to excellent performance, engineering and
productions skills, but it
would nevertheless be interesting to get some idea of the hardware used.

I searched old r.a.p. discussions and a "Bushnell console 24:8" was
mentioned - what was that?

Mats,

Damn, that was a long time ago. I think I wandered in there for some of the
"Late For The Sky" sessions. First of all, when you've got Al Schmitt behind
the board, and Jackson and David behind the mics, you're gonna wind up with a
great album. The board was pretty nondescript and basic as I recall. Mics were
mostly Neumanns (47s and 67s) and a couple of AKGs, I think. Studio A was a
pretty small room, and an even smaller control room. Al probably will remember
everything though, so try asking this question over on his forum at:

http://www.artistpro.com/ubbcgi/ulti...ubb=forum;f=15

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/