K. Stout

Default Groove Tubes GT66 mic opinions?

cables and all. They tell me it's a great mic, especially for $300 but I'd
like to get more opinions on the sound.

i got one this weekend for around $500 new and was BLOWN away by it
when i got it home. i can't believe how good it is in that price
range. For $300.00 i would DEFINETLY reccomend getting it. Ive only
tracked one song with it so far, but could not believe the quality on
it.

I use a Motu 828 with a Mackie 1202 for pres (i know i know, not
great) and a powerbook using Logic 6.something.or.other .

keep in mind i think of my set up as somethign for doing "high quality
demos" so that can color your opinion of my expectations. With this
mic you can do alot in a home/project studio.

incidentally, what do you think of the RNP ? i have a RNC that i love
and was thinking of either getting the RNP or a DBX tube pre to go
with my beautiful new mic.

kris