Jeffrey Landgraf

Default Blown JBL

Gentlemen,

I have a blown speaker in my JBL 4315 monitors. It's the 5" HF speaker (JBL
2105). To repair this a re-cone kit is needed but is no longer made.
Anyone know a source for the cone kit? Also, I've located a couple of
retailers who have used 2105's for sale just in case. If this option does
not pan out, can someone recommend a suitable replacement for both speakers?

Thanks,
Jeff

Scott Dorsey

Jeffrey Landgraf wrote:

I have a blown speaker in my JBL 4315 monitors. It's the 5" HF speaker (JBL
2105). To repair this a re-cone kit is needed but is no longer made.

JBL doesn't have one? Waldom has one that they say will work, but I do
not know how close the stiffness is to the original.

Anyone know a source for the cone kit? Also, I've located a couple of
retailers who have used 2105's for sale just in case. If this option does
not pan out, can someone recommend a suitable replacement for both speakers?

If you have the T-S parameters for them, you can probably call Madisound
and see about getting a match, but you'll never get them right on.
simonstav

Jeffrey Landgraf wrote in message

I have a blown speaker in my JBL 4315 monitors. It's the 5" HF speaker

(JBL
2105). To repair this a re-cone kit is needed but is no longer made.
Anyone know a source for the cone kit? Also, I've located a couple of
retailers who have used 2105's for sale just in case. If this option does
not pan out, can someone recommend a suitable replacement for both

speakers?

The JBL recone part number that you need is C8RLE59. This recone kit suits
models LE5-3, LE5-5, LE5-9, LE5-11, LE5H, 2105 and 2105H.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Goe...%20Into%20List.
pdf

Regards Simon

---

Blown Sub Marcus Car Audio 13 July 13th 04 11:17 PM
How do i tell if sub is blown??? [email protected] Car Audio 1 March 1st 04 05:09 AM
Sorry, Dickie C, your continued BS has been blown to smithereens. Sandman Audio Opinions 1 December 2nd 03 10:06 AM
Repairing "blown" speakers Allan Car Audio 12 October 28th 03 09:28 PM
who pays for blown up spkrs (mics, etc) in yer studio Raymond Pro Audio 4 July 25th 03 08:11 PM