Dave Canada

Default Event EZBUS USB Mixer / soundcard - could it work?

I'm about to purchase one of these mixers
http://www.event1.com/Products/Digital/EZbus.html

On linux, has anyone got this to work with the Alsa ezusb drivers?
I've read a little about the EZ-USB firmware uploads, and can't say
that I really understand how that works, but I will, eventually.
Generally, do most USB audio boxes get detected properly?
If not, could it be as simple as adding the vendor ID quirks I've seen
for other USB products?

Anyway I'm buying it regardless, and I guess I'll finally have to get
my hands dirty and write some linux code if it doesn't. It sur would
be nice to know in advance whether I can go with Linux or Windows for
my recording projects. I'm not looking forward to using Windows that
much for a few weeks before I either figure it out or buy a
VXpocket... or maybe an RME multiface if I get carried away

Also, any opinions on the mixer?
Thanks in advance.

Dave