Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] ixtarbrules@yahoo.com is offline

Default Another WaPo Open Border Tear-Jerker by N.C. Aizenman

Another WaPo Open Border Tear-Jerker by N.C. Aizenman

By Donald A. Collins

" N.C. Aizenman (email her) has made a specialty of articles in the Washington Post that have consistently pled the case for allowing all good things to be provided to those poor illegal immigrants. You know, those sad cases where having come here illegally—caused, of course by the draw of the American job market–they now should be automatically given all the benefits of US citizenship because they are honest, hardworking, usually non-criminal folks who are doing jobs Americans don't want to do…Sound familiar? Yep.

The picture over the web page on his April 15, 2009 Washington Post
article entitled Illegal Immigrants' Legal Kids Snarl Policy features
the 2006 Mall demonstration at the center of which is a large sign
brandishing the message: "We are all Americans".

Si, si, señors and señoritas and señoras, but many of you were then,
and are now, Latin Americans—here illegally. The caption adds: "The
undocumented population seems to have leveled off since then at about
11.9 million." Oops, here are numbers utterly without certain
documentation, but, hey, we are being sold again the virtues of cheap
slave labor, which of course is only cheap for its users, the
corporations who advertise in the Post for example.

My guess (as a Democrat) is that the Post's reporting, not only
editorially but in its news columns, consistently works with objective
of helping the Obama administration to make a better climate for
another amnesty bill as President Obama promised in his campaign.

Feigning surprise at the size of these immigrant kiddie numbers,
Aizenman says,

"A new report providing the most detailed portrait to date of the
illegal immigrant population found that it is mostly made up of young
families that are having children at a much faster rate than
previously known. The study, released yesterday by the nonpartisan,
Washington-based Pew Hispanic Center, also found that a
disproportionate share of such children live in poverty and lack
health insurance.

“Because any child born in the United States has a right to
citizenship, the growing presence of these children is likely to
complicate the debate over immigration policies aimed at their
parents.

“The question of so-called ‘mixed-status’ families is not new. But the
increase in the number of children born to illegal immigrants is
likely to exacerbate such situations in years to come."

Well, that last sentence surely will be true. And if our present
policies of ignoring the issue and failing to install E-verify
permanently, I would see "chaos" as a more apt description of where we
are headed.

Aizenman cites the Pew "findings, which analyzed census data"...which
also

“suggest that the impact of the unprecedented increase in illegal
immigration over the past three decades will continue to be felt for
years to come, even as the size of the illegal immigrant population
appears to have leveled off since 2006 at about 10.4 million adults
and 1.5 million foreign-born children. By contrast, the number of
children born in the United States to illegal immigrants rose from 2.7
million in 2003 to 4 million in 2008.

“The growing presence of children of illegal immigrants in schools has
also fueled concern over the cost of illegal immigration in many area
communities where the foreign-born population has risen rapidly in the
past decade. Commissioners in Frederick County, for instance, have
repeatedly tried to make public school officials tally the number of
such students in hopes of prompting federal lawmakers to increase
education funding or step up enforcement. (Last month, the Maryland
State Board of Education blocked the effort, saying it could
discourage illegal immigrants from enrolling their children in
school.)"

Folks, we are going in the completely wrong direction. But now, as
crunch time has arrived. Over 5 million American jobs have been lost
since the downturn began. Currently over 600,000 are lost monthly. The
Federal government's failure to enforce the law in the workplace
amounts to destruction of the Rule of Law.

We know enforcement works—apparently too well for the taste of our
corporate leaders and our elected officials. But as the noose of need
tightens around their consumers, American constituents, the ensuing
anger will surely be reflected at the polls.

Notice the twist Aizenman gives to the horrendous fact that our tax
supported services are winging their way to illegal immigrants:

"Children of illegal immigrants now account for about one in 15
elementary and secondary school students nationwide and more than one
in 10 students in five states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada
and Texas. The vast majority of these children were born in the United
States.

“In 2007, the poverty rate for such children was almost twice as high
as for those born to either legal immigrants or U.S.-born parents.
Similarly, U.S.-born children of unauthorized immigrants were about
twice as likely not to have health insurance in 2008 as those born to
legal immigrants and three times as likely as those born to U.S.-born
parents."

Yes, illegal aliens in low paying jobs producing children— "anchor
babies" under our skewed law—simply saddle the US taxpayers with kids
who are going to be poor, likely not well educated and, gasp with
surprise if you will, Mr. Aizenman, not going to have health
insurance.

So what is to be done? The Pew study author, Jeffery S. Passel, is
quoted as saying, "The spike in births to unauthorized immigrants—70
percent of whom come from Mexico or Central America—is largely due to
their relative youth compared with the general population, as well as
their greater propensity to marry and have children.

The result says Mr. Passel is "a different picture than what we
usually see of undocumented immigrants."

Before quoting you further, Mr. Passel, must we point out that the
kids' parents are illegal aliens?

More Passel: "We usually see the young male day laborers on street
corners. But only a fourth of undocumented immigrants are men who are
here by themselves without spouses or children. This is a population
that is largely made up of young families."

Apparently the study shows that the back and forth surge of seasonal
immigration is diminishing as more illegal male workers see that they
can get away with bringing up their womenfolk, who produce these
children that Aizenman uses to pump the Post's position for more
amnesty.

The reporter wants us to shed big salty tears for innocent children,
an easy lead in to a huge new amnesty bill which will allow
legislators to continue to pay off their corporate paymasters and
their ideo/ethic bedfellows under the guise of "doing the right
thing".

We already know the right thing to do! Enforce our laws, send illegal
aliens and their ersatz American kids back to their countries of
origin.

No so, per Aizenman’s Post article: "Passel added that this
"complicates greatly the difficulty of coming up with policies to deal
with this population. . . . While we may be able to fit people into
boxes of 'undocumented,' 'legal,' 'legal temporary,' and 'U.S.
citizens,' it's not so easy to fit families into that same set of
little boxes."

Actually it is easy. You are here legally or illegally. America is in
a serious long term economic depression. Jobs, homes, educations, and
government services should go to citizens.

Not ensuring that they do, not fixing this mess, can only over time
lead to even worse damage to laws and civil order—and ultimately to
the fall of the America so nobly started by our Founders."

http://www.vdare.com/collins/090423_aizenman.htm