Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default AI2T: Here's a trillion that's not wasted on stimulus

The military budget is that portion of the United States discretionary
federal budget that is allocated to the Department of Defense. This
military budget pays the salaries, training, and healthcare of
uniformed and civilian personnel, maintains arms, equipment and
facilities, funds operations, and develops and buys new equipment. The
budget funds all branches of the U.S. military: Army, Navy, Air Force,
Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.

For the 2009 fiscal year, the base budget rose to US$515.4 billion.
Adding emergency discretionary spending and supplemental spending
brings the sum to US$651.2 billion.[1] This does not include many
military-related items that are outside of the Defense Department
budget, such as nuclear weapons research, maintenance and production
(about $9.3 billion, which is in the Department of Energy budget),
Veterans Affairs (about $33.2 billion), interest on debt incurred in
past wars, or the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (which are largely
funded through extra-budgetary supplements, about $170 billion in
2007). As of 2009, the United States government is spending about $1
trillion annually on defense-related purposes. [2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar..._United_States

Its RIPers like Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtard that make our
country weak and unsafe. We need too spend more on exotic weapons. If
that doesn't stimulate the US economy we can expand it through
conquest. The gov't has to do something, but not what its doing now or
something.

George, do you see this? See how smart I am? Your a goon. I hate you.