Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default Rahm Emanuel vs. Mike Bloomberg

Mike Bloomberg has been on the national news, in every hamlet and burg far
removed from the cesspit he captains, ranting over the dumb NFL player who
shot himself with an "illegal handgun". Although it turns out he'd have
got away with it if everyone had just shut up, and no one but the not very
bright NFL player (but, for the most part, I repeat myself) was impacted
by his probable incompetence, Mayor Bloomberg has managed to inject
himself in the situation by goading and attempting to micromanage the
situation. I had pretty well put Bloomberg out of mind these last couple
of years.

Rahm Emanuel, on the other hand, I had never heard of until shortly
before Obamalamalamadingdong made him the new White House-er, Beige House,
I gather it is now-chief of staff. The contrasts between these two
"Descendents of the Ottoman Empire", as the old real estate covenants put
it, couldn't be more striking.

Rahm Emanuel has very much the bearing of one of the young, hardened
Waffen-SS officers one sees in the Leni Riefenstahl films. Unbowed by
bloody warfare that would devastate them in just a few years, these
athlete-soldiers seemed as though any of them could be star circus
acrobats or champion soccer players. One can easily picture him in the
uniform of a SS-Sturmbannführer, and indeed only my lack of aptitude with
Photoshop or GIMP keeps me from putting precisely that image everywhere I
can manage the task of doing so. (Hopefully some one with more skill than
myself will do that soon.)

With Mayor Bloomberg, that task would be ridiculous. He doesn't look like
a swastika-bearer at all. Rather, he reminds one of the hokey substitute,
the X-O symbol, and its wearer Charlie Chaplin in "The Little Dictator".
Bloomberg is ultimately a dictator-emulating clown, a goof. He fools no
one.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html