Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,aus.hi-fi
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

Default Buzzard poop & polkas from Mr. Brian L. McCarty

Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:39:48 -0700

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

wrote in message

In about 5 days, I'll no longer be able to access my groups via comcast.
Is
there a consensus as to a good provider?

I use both giganews.com (a real premium service) as well as
buzzardnews.com.

Giganews excels in complete binary groups. I download gb's from the more
esoteric groups so this is essential. Both are also completely anonymous,
an impotent consideration.

http://robertmorein.blogspot.com/

Interestingly, Mr. Brian L. McCarty makes a Freudian slip, substituting
"impotent" for "important."

I've discovered he's got a new band and I would warn all Australians about
the corruption engendered by listening to this music.

http://tinyurl.com/5ful2u

http://robertmorein.blogspot.com/

"I don't really have a replacement career, it's a very gnawing thing."

Robert Morein
Dresher, PA
(310) 237-6511
(215) 646-4894

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,aus.hi-fi
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 30 Noi, 23:16, Soundhaspriority wrote:

I've discovered he's got a new band and I would warn all Australians about
the corruption engendered by listening to this music.

http://tinyurl.com/5ful2u

I see that in his dire straights after losing the ice cream parlor,
and now that he is playing in a no gig band, he can;t afford to eat.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

A real good way to get beat up is to play Slovak/Slovene/Ruthenian style
polka at a Polish affair or vice versa. It's also interesting to note that
few Poles in Poland would give a loaded fart for polka of any type, and
that polka is merely one of a dozen dance styles performed in Eastern
Europe and has become much bigger over here as an immigrant phenomenon.
The Slovaks and Slovenes had never had any interest in polkas proper over
there and the Ruthenians had never even heard of it. It became big with
steel mill workers in Pittsburgh, Chicago and Cleveland/Akron. That's
where it stratified.

A third strain of polka in the US is with Texas bands. No one in Chicago
or Cleveland even has heard of them though.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html