Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Dave Dave is offline

Default Audio Tubes for Sale

Here is a list of tubes for sale that I have tested and ready to go. I
have a lot more that is not listed.

http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/tubes_for_sale.htm

Thanks for looking,

Dave
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Nov 9, 9:23*pm, Dave wrote:
Here is a list of tubes for sale that I have tested and ready to go. I
have a lot more that is not listed.

http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/tubes_for_sale.htm

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Out of curiosity, how do you match tubes such as a 5751 or 12AX7?
Given that they are dual-triodes, and therefore must be matched
internally, between and symetrically, how is this done? And at what
level do you consider a reading a "match"?

Thanks in advance!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jan Jan is offline

Dave wrote:

Here is a list of tubes for sale that I have tested and ready to go. I
have a lot more that is not listed.

http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/tubes_for_sale.htm

Thanks for looking,

Dave

I think your pricetags are jokes. 3 old ecce82's for $125.
I must be a millionair considering the old Philips, Telefunken and Valvo
tubes I have. Telefunken tubes are not rare.

Jan

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Nov 10, 11:06*am, Jan wrote:
Dave wrote:
Here is a list of tubes for sale that I have tested and ready to go. I
have a lot more that is not listed.

http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/tubes_for_sale.htm

Thanks for looking,

Dave

I think your pricetags are jokes. 3 old ecce82's for $125.
I must be a millionair considering the old Philips, Telefunken and Valvo
tubes I have. Telefunken tubes are not rare.

Jan

Well, if he actually matches dual-triodes in any meaningful way, the
hours and numbers of rejects will be pretty significant. The Hickok
539C is an impressive tester and capable of actually matching tubes
(plate and filament currents at a given bias setting) with additional
instrumentation - but imagine finding two or three 12AX7 tubes that
are both internally matched and matched to another - the functional
equivalent of matching four or six separate triodes with each triode
having a fixed partner. And they would have to be matched fully, four
equal readings of each parameter w/in 5% or less.

Why do I think that the closest "matching" going on here is the date-
code? Unless the OP states otherwise and explains the parameters that
are matched - i.e.: NOT just GM.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Engineer[_2_] Engineer[_2_] is offline

On Nov 9, 9:23*pm, Dave wrote:
Here is a list of tubes for sale that I have tested and ready to go. I
have a lot more that is not listed.

http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/tubes_for_sale.htm

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Dave, nice list but may I suggest you check some market pricing - both
commercial and eBay. I've not done a detailed survey but my guess is
that you have very roughly double the market price on most of these
tubes.
Cheers,
Roger