Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default B9A ceramic PCB mount sockets

I am looking at using SK9CP22 ceramic B9A PCB mounting sockets in a
design. However, I can find only limited dimensional information for
them. Does anyone have a dimensioned underside view so I can create a
PCB footprint or, even better, has someone already created one?

Cheers

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Ian Bell"
I am looking at using SK9CP22 ceramic B9A PCB mounting sockets in a design.
However, I can find only limited dimensional information for them. Does
anyone have a dimensioned underside view so I can create a PCB footprint
or, even better, has someone already created one?

** I suspect you have this:

http://www.rapidonline.com/netalogue/specs/38-2006.pdf

But you still need to know the PCD and width of the pins - right ?

PCD = 19.5mm

Pin = 1.8 x 0.25 mmm

How bloody typical of his pathetic pommy imbecile to not simply buy one and
measure it himself.

...... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Phil Allison wrote:
"Ian Bell"
I am looking at using SK9CP22 ceramic B9A PCB mounting sockets in a design.
However, I can find only limited dimensional information for them. Does
anyone have a dimensioned underside view so I can create a PCB footprint
or, even better, has someone already created one?

** I suspect you have this:

http://www.rapidonline.com/netalogue/specs/38-2006.pdf

Precisely.

But you still need to know the PCD and width of the pins - right ?

Yes.

PCD = 19.5mm

Pin = 1.8 x 0.25 mmm

Thanks, just what I heed.

How bloody typical of his pathetic pommy imbecile to not simply buy one and
measure it himself.

In point of fact I have some on order, but I would like to carry on with
the PCB layout in the meantime.

Cheers

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Phil Allison wrote:

I am looking at using SK9CP22 ceramic B9A PCB mounting sockets in a
design. However, I can find only limited dimensional information for
them. Does anyone have a dimensioned underside view so I can create a
PCB footprint or, even better, has someone already created one?

** I suspect you have this:

http://www.rapidonline.com/netalogue/specs/38-2006.pdf

Precisely.

But you still need to know the PCD and width of the pins - right ?

Yes.

PCD = 19.5mm

Pin = 1.8 x 0.25 mmm

Thanks, just what I heed.

How bloody typical of his pathetic pommy imbecile to not simply buy one
and measure it himself.

In point of fact I have some on order, but I would like to carry on with
the PCB layout in the meantime.

Cheers

** You've got to ask yourself one question, Ian:

" Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk ?? "

Are you really prepared to commit my numbers to glass & copper ??

...... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Phil Allison wrote:
"Ian Bell"
Phil Allison wrote:
[...]

LOL.

No, I am not prepared to risk my dosh on your figures. However I am
prepared to risk completing the layout with them and just check with my
own measurement when the sockets arrive. After that it's a one click
process to place the order for prototypes.

Cheers

Ian

FA: 4 pin Ceramic Sockets (Amphenol Steatite RSS-4) nanu Vacuum Tubes 0 December 3rd 05 08:49 PM
Hardwood or Ceramic? Nick Pro Audio 29 January 12th 05 12:58 AM
Ceramic or Bakelite sockets? kseely Vacuum Tubes 9 January 6th 05 09:26 PM
DIY Ceramic circuit boards? Rusty Boudreaux Tech 15 December 31st 03 04:37 PM
FA: Lot of 8 ceramic tube sockets on Ebay GS Vacuum Tubes 0 December 10th 03 06:36 AM