Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Dave xxxx[_3_] Dave xxxx[_3_] is offline

Default 6922 for a Magnum Dynalab 90T

What tubes would you suggest I try in a Magnum Dynalab 90T tuner ?

It comes with a Jan Phillips 6922

ta in advance

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

I would leave the tube that is in there alone as long as the unit operates
correctly. Since it's doubtful you understand the circuit very well nor
have the equipment to keep it aligned, if it needs replacement I'd try to
find another as like it as possible.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.tubes/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

BretLudwig wrote:
I would leave the tube that is in there alone as long as the unit
operates correctly. Since it's doubtful you understand the circuit
very well nor have the equipment to keep it aligned, if it needs
replacement I'd try to find another as like it as possible.

What do I need to understand the tube is just plug and play ?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Jul 7, 11:58*am, "Dave xxxx" wrote:

What do I need to understand the tube is just plug and play ?

Given the *VERY* wide differences between tubes even when-new the
short answer is Yes. Plug and Play.

The point being is that tubes are essentially gussied-up incandescent
light-bulbs, and just like their less complicated bretheren, as they
age their operating efficiency declines, usually on a steepening
curve. Most tube-based circuits are designed to tolerate this behavior
pretty much until right before the actual failure-point of the tube.
So, for your purposes with very, very few possible exceptions, plug-
and-play covers it well.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA