Posted to rec.audio.pro
Leif Hesselberg Leif Hesselberg is offline

Default How to open bwf on mac machine

Hi

I use Fostex CR-500 to record. I can record fine when formatting this
to Audio-CD.
These files is easily imported in Logic 8.02(Macintosh).
But when I want to record in 24/44,the Fostex manual says that I have
to BWF format the disc. The recording proces works fine.
But then I canīt import the files to logic.
When opening in finder I can however see the file on the disc.
Any solutions or should I try a Windows machine?

with regards

Leif
Posted to rec.audio.pro
lawapa[_2_] lawapa[_2_] is offline

On May 31, 12:22*am, Leif Hesselberg wrote:
* Hi

* I use Fostex CR-500 to record. I can record fine when formatting this
to Audio-CD.
* These files is easily imported in Logic 8.02(Macintosh).
* But when I want to record in 24/44,the Fostex manual says that I have
to BWF format the disc. The recording proces works fine.
* But then I canīt import the files to logic.
* When opening in finder I can however see the file on the disc.
* Any solutions or should I try a Windows machine?

* with regards

* Leif

Use software to convert the Broadcast wave file to a standered
24/44,48 file and then import. There are many software solutions to
this problem.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ed Anson Ed Anson is offline

lawapa wrote:
On May 31, 12:22 am, Leif Hesselberg wrote:
Hi

I use Fostex CR-500 to record. I can record fine when formatting this
to Audio-CD.
These files is easily imported in Logic 8.02(Macintosh).
But when I want to record in 24/44,the Fostex manual says that I have
to BWF format the disc. The recording proces works fine.
But then I canīt import the files to logic.
When opening in finder I can however see the file on the disc.
Any solutions or should I try a Windows machine?

with regards

Leif

Use software to convert the Broadcast wave file to a standered
24/44,48 file and then import. There are many software solutions to
this problem.

Note that BWF is essentially WAV with an extra chunk in its header. Most
WAV capable editors will read it, though some will require that you
change the suffix to .WAV.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Leif Hesselberg wrote:

Hi

I use Fostex CR-500 to record. I can record fine when formatting this
to Audio-CD.
These files is easily imported in Logic 8.02(Macintosh).
But when I want to record in 24/44,the Fostex manual says that I have
to BWF format the disc. The recording proces works fine.
But then I canīt import the files to logic.

What happens when you try to import the file?

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Leif Hesselberg Leif Hesselberg is offline

Hi

Today I tried my father's Windows machine.
I could see all files and they all ended with
waw.
On my Macbook I can't even see the files. Only some directory ending with.

The only solution for me now is to buy a sound device to transfer
the files in real time.

with regards

Leif
ftm.

hank alrich wrote:

What happens when you try to import the file?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Leif Hesselberg" wrote ...
Today I tried my father's Windows machine.
I could see all files and they all ended with
waw.
On my Macbook I can't even see the files. Only some directory ending
with.

The only solution for me now is to buy a sound device to transfer
the files in real time.

Mac won't let you rename the files?
Seems absurd to buy something to get around
simply renaming the file.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Leif Hesselberg Leif Hesselberg is offline

Hi

I cannot even see the files in finder.
In mean time I have read about the UDF 1.02.
It seems that it is only supported by MacOS 10.5.
I have 10.4

"Leif Hesselberg" wrote ...

Open pic of RNP plokmichael Pro Audio 6 June 10th 05 07:00 PM
Machine service ScottW Audio Opinions 1 September 10th 04 09:23 PM
FS: DAT Machine and CD Recorder Benjamin Maas Pro Audio 0 March 30th 04 06:40 AM
Drum Machine Ixxe13 Pro Audio 0 September 5th 03 02:48 PM
FS - Tascam ATR-60 1" machine tuneblender Pro Audio 0 August 5th 03 06:59 PM