Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
Mark Mark is offline

Default Looking for a Dolby calibration cassette

On May 26, 10:55*am, Richard Owlett wrote:
gpaine wrote:
I am preparing to transfer several dozen audio cassettes to .wav files. My
cassette deck is slightly out of electronic alignment--enough for the
misalignment to be audible.

I am trying to locate a 200 nWm/m cassette to calibrate the meters and
Dolby level prior to making the other necessary adjustments.

Any idea where I might obtain one that does not cost a fortune?

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Do...ration+tape%22
Gives 60 hits. Some may be useful.
HTH

cross posted to rec.audio.pro
Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Mark wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?q=3D%22...ration+tape%22
Gives 60 hits. Some may be useful.
HTH

cross posted to rec.audio.pro

Tascam sells one for the Tascam 122, which I recommend for use with almost
any cassette deck. They actually sell dozens of kinds, but the 122 one is
good.

HOWEVER, the problem you have has to do with the fact that all the cassettes
you have been given having incorrect azimuth and Dolby levels. Because
every damn cassette in the world has incorrect azimuth and Dolby levels,
and on a lot of them the azimuth changes over the course of the tape too.

You sadly have to do the azimuth and Dolby levels by hand for each and every
tape, and it is no fun. However, you will still need to use the reference
alignment tape to reset the cassette deck back to nominal alignment after
doing this.

God, I hate cassettes.

Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
David Gravereaux David Gravereaux is offline

Years ago I used to use a Nacamichi Dragon player that auto-aligned for
azimuth with a custom made meter that displayed the result. It was used
for testing production samples.
Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro

Nacamichi?

Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
David Gravereaux David Gravereaux is offline

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Nacamichi?

I've added Nakamichi to my newreader's dictionary.

I PROMISE THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!! I'M SO SORRY FOR HURTING YOU!!!

why is speling so important to ppl anyways?

Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
Jerry Avins Jerry Avins is offline

David Gravereaux wrote:

why is speling so important to ppl anyways?

For one thing, correct spelling assists a search.
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , Jerry Avins wrote:
David Gravereaux wrote:

why is speling so important to ppl anyways?

For one thing, correct spelling assists a search.

poeple can fnid sutff prttey good, but waht the fcuk.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the
ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs
is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Gerg

Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro

David Gravereaux wrote:

why is speling so important to ppl anyways?

For one thing, correct spelling assists a search.

poeple can fnid sutff prttey good, but waht the fcuk.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the
ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs
is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Few computer programs can do that.

jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro

David Gravereaux wrote:

why is speling so important to ppl anyways?

For one thing, correct spelling assists a search.

poeple can fnid sutff prttey good, but waht the fcuk.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the
ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs
is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Gerg

For kicks, I'll let the spell checker have its way with your message.

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
Jerry Avins Jerry Avins is offline

GregS wrote:
In article , Jerry Avins
wrote:
David Gravereaux wrote:

why is spieling so important to pl anyways?

For one thing, correct spelling assists a search.

people can find stuff pottery good, but what the ****.

Aoccdrnig to a searchers at an Slingshot innervations, it doesn't
emeritae in what order the gazetteers in a word are, the only
omnipresent thing is that first and slat gazetteer is at the Kirghiz
clapper. The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it outhit
doorbells. Tish is accuses we do not read Hervey letter by itself but
the word as a kilohertz.

Greg

What my spell checker did.

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Posted to comp.dsp,rec.audio.pro
Andre Majorel Andre Majorel is offline

On 2008-05-28, David Gravereaux wrote:

why is speling so important to ppl anyways?

For the same reason playing the right notes is.

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
"Cette supposition rappelle assez celle de ce prédicateur qui, en