Posted to rec.audio.pro
ricknielsenshat ricknielsenshat is offline

Default Fostex MR-16

I don't much about this unit - I asking for a friend.

He recorded one track of drums and when he tried to burn to disc it
said "warning, file not found."

From what I understand, the song needs to be converted to a wav file
before it can be burned to disc...but
we couldn't figure out how to convert to wav. We played around with
the bounce buttons but didn't have any
luck.

If anyone knows how this works please let me know. Sorry I can't
provide more details.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
ricknielsenshat wrote:
I don't much about this unit - I asking for a friend.

He recorded one track of drums and when he tried to burn to disc it
said "warning, file not found."

From what I understand, the song needs to be converted to a wav file
before it can be burned to disc...but
we couldn't figure out how to convert to wav. We played around with
the bounce buttons but didn't have any
luck.

If anyone knows how this works please let me know. Sorry I can't
provide more details.

You can get the manual and the CD supplement from:
http://www.fostexusa.com/index.php?f...port/documents
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Anahata Anahata is offline

On Thu, 22 May 2008 06:43:02 -0700, ricknielsenshat wrote:

I don't much about this unit - I asking for a friend.

He recorded one track of drums and when he tried to burn to disc it said
"warning, file not found."

If it's anything like the Yamaha AWG16 you can't burn a CD until you have
a "stereo track" which you create by running the mixdown process. Never
mind you've only got one track recorded, you still have to create the
"mixed stereo track" because that's stored separately and is the source
of data for CD burning.

The minimal mixdown could just involve panning the single track equally
to L and R and no EQ or other processing... but it has to be done.

--
Anahata
==//== 01638 720444

Fostex FR2 Jeffrey Friedman Pro Audio 7 February 21st 04 02:29 PM
Fostex D-80 Matt Brown Tech 0 December 12th 03 11:47 PM
NEW FOSTEX VR-800 FA WAAA23 Pro Audio 0 November 17th 03 05:49 PM
NEW FOSTEX VR-800 FA WAAA23 Marketplace 0 November 17th 03 05:48 PM
NEW FOSTEX VR-800 FA WAAA23 Marketplace 0 November 17th 03 05:48 PM