Posted to rec.audio.pro
sweet&soft sweet&soft is offline

Default dogs

Dog
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
• Interested in contributing to Wikipedia? •Jump to: navigation,
search
This article is about the domestic dog. For other uses, see Dog
(disambiguation).
Domestic dog
Fossil range: Late Pleistocene – Recent

A Labrador Retriever
Conservation status
Domesticated
Scientific classification
Domain: Eukaryota

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Class: Mammalia

Order: Carnivora

Family: Canidae

Genus: Canis

Species: C. lupus

Subspecies: C. l. familiaris

Trinomial name
Canis lupus familiaris
(Linnaeus, 1758)
Dogs Portal
The dog (Canis lupus familiaris) is a domesticated subspecies of the
wolf, a mammal of the Canidae family of the order Carnivora. The term
encompasses both feral and pet varieties and is also sometimes used to
describe wild canids of other subspecies or species. The domestic dog
has been one of the most widely kept working and companion animals in
human history, as well as being a food source in some cultures. There
are estimated to be 400 million dogs in the world.[1]

The dog has developed into hundreds of varied breeds. Height measured
to the withers ranges from a few inches in the Chihuahua to a few feet
in the Irish Wolfhound; color varies from white through grays (usually
called blue) to black, and browns from light (tan) to dark ("red" or
"chocolate") in a wide variation of patterns; and, coats can be very
short to many centimeters long, from coarse hair to something akin to
wool, straight or curly, or smooth.[2]

http//redflowerren.blogspot.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jay Kadis Jay Kadis is offline

In article ,
Chel van Gennip wrote:

sweet&soft wrote:

This article is about the domestic dog. For other uses, see Dog

I used the barking of my dog to get an impression of the sound quality
of my studio. The sound of a barking dog gives a broad sound spectrum,
and the sound stops abrupt at its maximum, ideal for detecting all kinds
of reflections.

Besides that I think dogs are OT in this newsgroup.

Well, there's Ralph from the Stereophile test CD... he tells you if your
speakers are in phase or not.

-Jay

--
x------- Jay Kadis ------- x ---- Jay's Attic Studio ----x