Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julien BH Julien BH is offline

Default Auralex Mopad

What do you guys think about that? Worth the price? Seen 'em for 40$
CAN for EACH monitors at a store.
I though I could use some... Plus it would heighten my monitors and
give it an angle of about 8 degrees, which would be nice since my
monitors are too low presently.

I suppose there is an home made way to do this... but I'm not sure it
would give the same results, and would probably be a PITA.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ethan Winer Ethan Winer is offline

Julien,

What do you guys think about that? Worth the price? Seen 'em for 40$ CAN
for EACH monitors at a store.

Speaker isolation is valid, but many setups do not need this. Invite two
friends over and have them lift each speaker 1/4 inch while you listen (or
measure the room). If you hear (or measure) no difference, then you don't
need this.

Plus it would heighten my monitors and give it an angle of about 8
degrees, which would be nice since my monitors are too low presently.

That's is not a good idea. Speakers should be placed so the tweeters are at
ear level, pointing straight forward not down.

I suppose there is an home made way to do this.

You bet. Get some 705 rigid fiberglass two inches thick. Or use an empty
slim cardboard box. Or get a few large kitchen sponges, the kind that
doesn't get hard when it's dry.

--Ethan

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julien BH Julien BH is offline

On May 3, 10:06 am, "Ethan Winer" ethanw at ethanwiner dot com
wrote:
Julien,

[...]

HahA!
Thanks for your homemade secrets Ethan!
Appreciated

FS: AURALEX Studiofoam Mike Pro Audio 0 August 16th 06 04:18 AM
RPG / Auralex Max Arwood Pro Audio 19 October 16th 05 05:10 PM
Bass traps: Auralex or ??? A. & G. Reiswig Pro Audio 4 April 10th 04 07:07 PM
I got auralex mo pads Guitarboy Pro Audio 5 October 11th 03 08:35 PM
So Is Auralex Just BS????? FrankDebro1 Pro Audio 16 August 21st 03 09:50 PM