Posted to rec.audio.pro
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default Tentelometer wanted

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask if any of you has a tentelometer that you wish to
sell? I need one for my 1/2" tape deck. Nothing currently on eBay and
price from tentel is just waaay out of my range. Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Daniel wrote:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask if any of you has a tentelometer that you wish to
sell? I need one for my 1/2" tape deck. Nothing currently on eBay and
price from tentel is just waaay out of my range. Thanks.

They are very rare on the ground. You could ask on the Ampex mailing
list, though. You may find it easier to rent one.

A _lot_ of machines can be worked on with the spring scales instead of the
tentelometer, but if you have something like an ATR-100, there is no way
around it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article ,
Daniel wrote:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask if any of you has a tentelometer that you wish to
sell? I need one for my 1/2" tape deck. Nothing currently on eBay and
price from tentel is just waaay out of my range. Thanks.

They are very rare on the ground. You could ask on the Ampex mailing
list, though. You may find it easier to rent one.

A _lot_ of machines can be worked on with the spring scales instead of the
tentelometer, but if you have something like an ATR-100, there is no way
around it.
--scott

There's one on UK ebay right now - a T2-M30-P, no bids so far and a buy
now price of 100 Euros. They wil ship to USA.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Daniel Daniel is offline

On May 1, 5:05 am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
In article ,

Daniel wrote:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask if any of you has a tentelometer that you wish to
sell? I need one for my 1/2" tape deck. Nothing currently on eBay and
price from tentel is just waaay out of my range. Thanks.

They are very rare on the ground. You could ask on the Ampex mailing
list, though. You may find it easier to rent one.

A _lot_ of machines can be worked on with the spring scales instead of the
tentelometer, but if you have something like an ATR-100, there is no way
around it.

It's actually a 1/2" 8 track, TASCAM 48. The manual calls for a
tentelometer BUT is there a way to adjust tension with the use of
spring scales (I have those) and if so, how exactly do I go about it?
Thanks for your reply Scott.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Daniel Daniel is offline

On May 1, 5:17 am, don pearce wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article ,
Daniel wrote:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask if any of you has a tentelometer that you wish to
sell? I need one for my 1/2" tape deck. Nothing currently on eBay and
price from tentel is just waaay out of my range. Thanks.

They are very rare on the ground. You could ask on the Ampex mailing
list, though. You may find it easier to rent one.

A _lot_ of machines can be worked on with the spring scales instead of the
tentelometer, but if you have something like an ATR-100, there is no way
around it.
--scott

There's one on UK ebay right now - a T2-M30-P, no bids so far and a buy
now price of 100 Euros. They wil ship to USA.

Thanks for looking this up for me.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Daniel wrote:

It's actually a 1/2" 8 track, TASCAM 48. The manual calls for a
tentelometer BUT is there a way to adjust tension with the use of
spring scales (I have those) and if so, how exactly do I go about it?

If there's a reel motor torque specification in the manual, then you can
use a spring scale to measure torque. Wind a couple of turns of string
around a reel hub and attach it so that it won't come loose. Tie a loop
in the end of the string and hook the scale in the loop. Start the
transport in the mode in which you're supposed to adjust the torque and
read the scale. Multiply that by the radius (not diameter) of the hub,
and you have the torque in inch-pounds or whatever units your scale
measures in.

You'll need to tape the end of tape sensor into the "loaded" position so
the transport will run without tape.

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Daniel wrote:

It's actually a 1/2" 8 track, TASCAM 48. The manual calls for a
tentelometer BUT is there a way to adjust tension with the use of
spring scales (I have those) and if so, how exactly do I go about it?
Thanks for your reply Scott.

I think you should be able to do the tension with the spring scale method.

http://ftp.ampex.com/ampex/manuals/a...aintenance.pdf
is the manual for the Ampex 440B. Section 4C.2.3 contains directions on
doing the tension alignment with spring scales.

For the most part, the tension isn't something that drifts a lot and it
isn't something that you really should ever need to change on most machines.
If you are seeing signs of something that appears to be a tension or a tape
contact problem, it is more likely to be a bad pinch roller.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Daniel Daniel is offline

Mike, Scott... Thanks very much guys.

---

wanted: Yamaha SU10 wanted [email protected] Pro Audio 0 January 30th 07 12:42 AM
G.A.S Wanted AMPZILLA JOE Marketplace 0 March 28th 04 03:23 PM
Wanted!!! NY based Photographers Videographers Webmasters+3D Animators Modelers Wanted!!! Joe Donut Marketplace 0 December 6th 03 12:50 AM
Wanted!!! NY based Photographers Videographers Webmasters+3D Animators Modelers Wanted!!! Joe Donut Pro Audio 0 December 6th 03 12:50 AM