Posted to rec.audio.car
Leo R Leo R is offline

Default My Lights Dim Very Noticably After My Small System Was Installed, WHY?

I have a 2005 chrysler 300 Touring. I called the Dealership gave them my
vin and they told me what size Alt. i Have in my car, which is 160 Amp
Alt. I had my Battery and alt tested at the dealership. they said no
problems, everything is good, output is correct. I added a small system
which includes The Factory Radio, a JL 300/4, a JL 500/1, 4 Polk Momo
speakers in the car and a pair of Polk DB subs wired at 2 OHMs at 500
rms. I did the BIG THREE hoping to solve the dimming, didn't have any
effect. My lights dim really really noticably even on the freeway. Why?
I'm not even pushing that many true watts?!?

--
Leo R
Leo R's Profile: http://www.zerohurtz.com/member.php?userid=1084

Posted to rec.audio.car
jim m jim m is offline

could have a short somewere

--
jim m
jim m's Profile: http://www.zerohurtz.com/member.php?userid=1085

Posted to rec.audio.car
executivelevel_caraudio executivelevel_caraudio is offline

the problem is that you are pushing enough watts to dim ur lights. what
size power and ground wire are u running? it should be atleast 4 awg for
the subs and 8 awg for the int. try steppin ur wires, and make sure you
have very good ground wires, ground each amp seperate and have atleast 4
awg for the sub ground. if it still has dimming problems i would try a
2-8 fared capacitor, you can get Kole caps cheap and they are very good
suprisingly( i have a pair of 8 fared caps)

--
executivelevel_caraudio
executivelevel_caraudio's Profile: http://www.zerohurtz.com/member.php?userid=1086

Posted to rec.audio.car
Fatboy Fatboy is offline

maybe the battery is low

your ground wire is to small compared to your power wire

may your power wire is to big

--
Fatboy
Fatboy's Profile: http://www.zerohurtz.com/member.php?userid=1087

Posted to rec.audio.car
c420wizzle c420wizzle is offline

I was also wondering if you got your alternator and battery checked
before or after your audio install? Also, did they test the car with
music on or off?

Anyways, I would check for shorts in the system, make sure all
connections are good, and go from there.

BTW, 1,000 watts RMS is a lot!!!! This is definitely not a "small
system"! Go to crutchfield.com and look at every single subwoofer they
have, I believe there is only 1 or 2 that have as much RMS as your subs.
Even the JL Audio W series that has that much RMS has subs that cost
3-600 bucks each, so I would not call that a small setup

--
c420wizzle
c420wizzle's Profile: http://www.zerohurtz.com/member.php?userid=1088

Posted to rec.audio.car