Posted to rec.audio.tubes, uk.rec.audio
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Take me to your leader

The alien ship landed. The alien ambassador scuttled down the ramp and
stormed up to the first cockroach it saw. "Take me to your leader," it
commanded. "We come in peace."

The cockroach waved its antennae vaguely and returned to grooming
itself. The alien took the antannae to be pointers to a group of
humans. It stopped in front of them and said, "We come in peace. We
seek intelligent life on whom to bestow the blessings of our free-
energy technology."

The humans, no fools, thinking the alien looked hungry, shoved forward
the fat guy, one Graham "Poopie" Stevenson. "I got an IQ of 155!"
Poopie squeaked. "I got an engineering degree!"

The alien ambassador turned on his heel. "Bloody waste of time," he
said to the ship's captain as they scuttled up the ramp. "Is that
navigator deaf? I said 'intelligence', not 'engineering'."

Copyright © 2008 Andre Jute. May be freely reproduced if unaltered and
with this notice.