Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Grant David Grant is offline

Default Looking to hi Recording engineer for private lesson(s)

I've booked a recording gig with a jazz trio in my humble home recording
studio. I've done several of these in the past and have learned quite a bit.
This time, however, I'm looking to have some guided instruction / assistance
from an experienced professional.

I'd like someone local who can come to my home in Toronto, and allow me to
shadow them as they work. I'd like to use mainly my own equipment, however
bringing and using some of their own in addition is an option if they
educate me on why it's necessary/advantageous.

Is there anyone here from Toronto with pertinent experience that would be
interested? Can anyone provide me with some contacts?

Thanks,

David

Posted to rec.audio.pro
donr donr is offline

On Jan 13, 7:06 pm, "David Grant" wrote:
I've booked a recording gig with a jazz trio in my humble home recording
studio. I've done several of these in the past and have learned quite a bit.
This time, however, I'm looking to have some guided instruction / assistance
from an experienced professional.

I'd like someone local who can come to my home in Toronto, and allow me to
shadow them as they work. I'd like to use mainly my own equipment, however
bringing and using some of their own in addition is an option if they
educate me on why it's necessary/advantageous.

Is there anyone here from Toronto with pertinent experience that would be
interested? Can anyone provide me with some contacts?

Thanks,

David

In case my private reply did not reach you, I'm at donr39cadelete

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"donr" wrote in message
[...]

Hmm strange... didn't get it.

Incase anyone else mailed me, I've received only this response and one from
Rob Reedijk.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
kooz kooz is offline

Incase anyone else mailed me, I've received only this response and one from
Rob Reedijk.

Rob's a great guy with some very nice gear.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
kooz wrote:

Incase anyone else mailed me, I've received only this response and one from
Rob Reedijk.

Rob's a great guy with some very nice gear.

I'd recommend him. Also I'd recommend Alyssa Ryvers who is up in that area
and is looking for work now.