Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

Default Allen & Heath ZED-14 question

Does anyone know about this?

It has "USB" connectivity but I can't find any lit on if that is a
stereo out, 4 buss, 100 buss or what. Its a 10 track mixer (sort of)
but there seems to be no commitment about the usb port anywhere.

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Philipp Wachtel[_4_] Philipp Wachtel[_4_] is offline

Danny T:
Does anyone know about this?

It has "USB" connectivity but I can't find any lit on if that is a
stereo out, 4 buss, 100 buss or what. Its a 10 track mixer (sort of)
but there seems to be no commitment about the usb port anywhere.

According to the PowerPoint presentation on the A&H page, it´s a stereo USB
interface:
http://www.allen-heath.com/zed/zed-14.asp

scroll down to "Downloads" or directly load the presentation:
http://www.allen-heath.com/dl/ZED14.pps

In that price range, it would be a good deal to get a "real" mixer with a
multi-track USB audio interface. ;-) You either get 8 (or more) channels
with mic preamps and stereo USB, or no mic preamps on each channel and a
multi-track USB interface - both in the same box is rather uncommon AFAIK.
Most multi-IO mixers I know of, are equipped with FireWire...

If you´re looking for a similar mixer with multi-track IO through USB2.0,
take a look at
http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...ObjectId= 860

There´s also a smaller version, if you get along with less channels. The
Roland M16-DX is a bit more expensive than the A&H ZED-14 (about 100 EUR),
but can also be used as an external DAW controller. Sonar LE software is
included with both...

Phil