Posted to rec.audio.pro
gregory butterworth gregory butterworth is offline

Default voice over tips result

Thanks to everyone for the tips.

An interesting thing happened.
The client played the dvd with the new VO recordings edited over old footage
to his client.
My client was very happy as his remarked that "somehow this seems better
than the last one".
In the end his client relalized this was due to the "crystal clear" sound.
Interesting to note that good audio does actualy improve the experience at a
subconcious level.
This is something I have always argued but you will be amazed at the number
of monkeys that insist it doesnt make much of a difference.

Greg

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising[_2_] Roy W. Rising[_2_] is offline

"gregory butterworth" wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the tips.

An interesting thing happened.
The client played the dvd with the new VO recordings edited over old
footage to his client.
My client was very happy as his remarked that "somehow this seems better
than the last one".
In the end his client relalized this was due to the "crystal clear"
sound. Interesting to note that good audio does actualy improve the
experience at a subconcious level.
This is something I have always argued but you will be amazed at the
number of monkeys that insist it doesnt make much of a difference.

Greg

Some answers forthe monkeys:

"Stereo sound might be glorious, but the *message* always is mono!"

In the days of steam-powered television, I was asked why I went to so much
trouble to get a good sound when it would be heard through a 3" speaker.
The answer is simple. We listen comparatively. Even a 3" speaker will
reveal the difference between a good sound and the others.

"When Movies added sound, a new department was created to nurture it. That
department still exists today. When Radio added pictures, sound already
had been perfected and needed no further attention!" ;-p

--
~
~ Roy
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Roy W. Rising" wrote in message
"gregory butterworth" wrote:
[...]

Yup.... he was listening on cheap pc multimedia monitors.
Monkeys just dont get the concept of fairydust.
ps just been listening to the troggs conversation.