Posted to rec.audio.tubes
West West is offline

Default Ping: the Boss

Hi Boss,

Just wanted to ask you a couple of questions. Which speaker do you listen to
at home? I thought it was the quad ELS-57s but lately I've been reading
about your Lowthers. Big difference. Perhaps you use both and if that's the
case, would you mind telling me what you drive them with? I found a place
about 2 hours from me that charge $2600 to completely restore the original
quads with new panels and frames. If you don't own a Quad they will sell you
a refurbish one for $3600. I suppose if you go that route, it may behoove
you to find a used pair for less than $1300, to bring that $3600 price down.
Lastly, I have and enjoy several Gregorian Chant Vinyl from my library, but
never found one that had a clarinet juxtaposition with the chanting. Sounds
enchanting! Maybe you could provide some info so I can also enjoy?
Lastly, lastly, can you get carpel tunnel from excessive manipulation all
those puppet strings? We do enjoy the show but don't want to see you get
hurt. You might want to take up the piano in the future if you don't already
play.

Health (especially to your ears), prosperity, and a peaceful New Year to you
and yours,

west

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

On Jan 9, 5:02*am, "West" wrote:
Hi Boss,

Just wanted to ask you a couple of questions. Which speaker do you listen to
at home? I thought it was the quad ELS-57s but lately I've been reading
about your Lowthers. Big difference. Perhaps you use both

I have had ESL57 in various combinations, including just a single; it
is a great speaker to use for mono, which is what most of its early
owners used it for. But most of the time I listen to ESL-63 or horns
which I built on Lowther's own factory-sawn wood for their Fidelio and
in which I use Lowther PM6A drivers treated with Dieter Ennemoser's
C37.

and if that's the
case, would you mind telling me what you drive them with?

You can drive the ESL57 with virtually anything but PP amps are best
for all kinds of electrostats. I have always found Quad II amps most
satisfactory with ESL57, though I don't currently have a pair out. I
have lots of amps which I sometimes rotate when I remember. But
permanent fixtures near my writing computer are Quad 405 MkII/34
control amp/66 CD player, my own T113 PP EL34 "Triple Threat" which is
good with anything, either a SE or a PSE 300B amp, and something to
drive my STAX electrostatic headphones, currently a little amp of my
own I have in development. I normally drive the horns with T39 KISS
Amp, circuit on my netsite.

I found a place
about 2 hours from me that charge $2600 to completely restore the original
quads with new panels and frames. If you don't own a Quad they will sell you
a refurbish one for $3600. I suppose if you go that route, it may behoove
you to find a used pair for less than $1300, to bring that $3600 price down.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jon Yaeger Jon Yaeger is offline

Hey West,

Why don't you and Andre just go get a room somewhere.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
West West is offline

"Jon Yaeger" wrote in message
Hey West,

Why don't you and Andre just go get a room somewhere.

Jealous?

BE YOUR OWN BOSS alex[_2_] Pro Audio 0 November 8th 07 01:21 AM
BOSS BR 900 CD Beatroutebass Pro Audio 2 November 14th 06 10:55 PM
HELP! Has Anyone Used The Boss DR-770? HWBossHoss Pro Audio 3 September 15th 04 02:26 AM
boss bob wald Car Audio 1 August 26th 04 05:52 AM
Fantasy Inland: Boss! Boss! TubeGarden Vacuum Tubes 1 November 26th 03 03:03 PM