Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Frank is offline

Default Pro headphones for running?

Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running, but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Fletch Fletch is offline

On Jan 8, 8:52 am, "Frank" wrote:
Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running, but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Well, a good cheap pair that has lasted for me is the K44 by AKG. I
use these in the tracking room for musicians.

And, as you know, all musicians are animals.

--Fletch

Posted to rec.audio.pro
coreybenson coreybenson is offline

On Jan 8, 10:52*am, "Frank"
wrote:
Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running, but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Look into in-ears. Not iPod in-ears, but FutureSonics, or something
like that. Get a set that you can get custom molds made for, and
you'll think you've entered Nirvana.

Corey
Posted to rec.audio.pro
coreybenson coreybenson is offline

On Jan 8, 3:35*pm, coreybenson wrote:
On Jan 8, 10:52*am, "Frank"
wrote:

Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running, but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Look into in-ears. Not iPod in-ears, but FutureSonics, or something
like that. Get a set that you can get custom molds made for, and
you'll think you've entered Nirvana.

Corey

DOH! I just noted your line about the E5's... My bad! Sorry!

Corey

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Frank is offline

K44s for running? Really? Don't look like phones good for running with, but
thanks for the suggestion.

"Fletch" wrote in message
On Jan 8, 8:52 am, "Frank" wrote:
Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running,
but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Well, a good cheap pair that has lasted for me is the K44 by AKG. I
use these in the tracking room for musicians.

And, as you know, all musicians are animals.

--Fletch

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Frank is offline

You think the PX100 would be better than the PX200? It looks like the only
difference is that one is closed and one is open. Not sure how that would
affect the quality of the sound, especially the bass response.

Thanks!

"MG" wrote in message
.. .

"Fletch" wrote in message
On Jan 8, 8:52 am, "Frank" wrote:
Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running,
but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Well, a good cheap pair that has lasted for me is the K44 by AKG. I
use these in the tracking room for musicians.

And, as you know, all musicians are animals.

--Fletch

Sennheiser PX100

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Frank is offline

I guess I'm also think not in-ear models so I can hear the outside noise a
little. Like the truck that's just about to hit me. ;-)

wrote:

Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running,
but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Look into in-ears. Not iPod in-ears, but FutureSonics, or something
like that. Get a set that you can get custom molds made for, and
you'll think you've entered Nirvana.

Corey

DOH! I just noted your line about the E5's... My bad! Sorry!

Corey

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bigguy[_3_] Bigguy[_3_] is offline

Frank wrote:
Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running, but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Etymotic ER-6

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6.aspx

Excellent audio, excellent isolation, excellent fit (various tip options).
Mechanical noise via the cable used to annoy me but I don't even notice
it now, gym or running etc.

Guy

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geezer[_2_] geezer[_2_] is offline

Everyone seems to love the PX100, which are open, and just as
universally dislike the px200, which are closed.

Right now, I'm listening to a NOS pair of sennheiser hd450, which I
snagged on ebay for $31 a couple of weeks ago. You could do far worse
than a used pair of these. New earpads and cables are still available
for these, so you can keep a pair going indefinitely.

-glenn

On Jan 8, 7:56*pm, "Frank" wrote:
You think the PX100 would be better than the PX200? It looks like the only
difference is that one is closed and one is open. Not sure how that would
affect the quality of the sound, especially the bass response.

Thanks!

"MG" wrote in message

.. .

"Fletch" wrote in message
On Jan 8, 8:52 am, "Frank" wrote:
Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running,
but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Well, a good cheap pair that has lasted for me is the K44 by AKG. I
use these in the tracking room for musicians.

And, as you know, all musicians are animals.

--Fletch

Sennheiser PX100

Posted to rec.audio.pro
KT728 KT728 is offline

wrote:

Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running,
but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Look into in-ears. Not iPod in-ears, but FutureSonics, or something
like that. Get a set that you can get custom molds made for, and
you'll think you've entered Nirvana.

Corey

DOH! I just noted your line about the E5's... My bad! Sorry!

Corey

Hi

I find my IEM's (Custom Made Dual Drivers) lock into my ears really
well when training at gym which could be an advantage when running,
though i am assuming when you had e5's you did not have moulds ?
Also you can get 'talk through' (battery operated with a volume pot)
incorporated into ears so you can input some ambience, if you want to
avoid that truck

Bart
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Fletch Fletch is offline

"Fletch" wrote in message

On Jan 8, 8:52 am, "Frank" wrote:
Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running,
but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Well, a good cheap pair that has lasted for me is the K44 by AKG. I
use these in the tracking room for musicians.

And, as you know, all musicians are animals.

--Fletch

Well, I thought you might want something you would not have a fit
about if they got damaged, that an inexpensive pair of decent
headphones might be something to consider. These are closed, but you
can find open models, too.

--Fletch
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Edwin Hurwitz Edwin Hurwitz is offline

In article
,
coreybenson wrote:

On Jan 8, 10:52*am, "Frank"
wrote:
Hi,

OK, so there's probably not the best headphones available for running, but
any suggestions on very good sounding headphones that could be used for
running? They would need to be lightweight, sweat-resistant, and fairly
durable. I prefer the walkman style, over the ear, as oppossed to in-ear
types (which I already have the Shure E5s). Price is not too much of an
issue as long as they sound great/very good.

Thanks!
Frank

Look into in-ears. Not iPod in-ears, but FutureSonics, or something
like that. Get a set that you can get custom molds made for, and
you'll think you've entered Nirvana.

Corey

I have the Future Sonics Atrios with Westone molds built for their UM1s
and it's a great combo. Works very well for in ear monitor chores and
quite well with an ipod.

Edwin
--
If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your
enemies.