Posted to rec.audio.pro
MileHighNoise MileHighNoise is offline

Default Digidesign ASIO drivers and Adobe Audition 3.0

I am attempting to use Adobe Audition 3.0 with my Digidesign Rack 003
hardware using the Digidesign ASIO driver. The driver is available and
selectable in Audition, but attempting to record returns an error
indicating that "the driver or hardware is being used by another
application and is currently not available...."

Pro Tools (7.3 LE) is not running. No other audio application is
running. I am able to use the 003 hardware immediately after the
failed Audition attempt using a ASIO compatible media player (Foobar).
This leads me to think that the driver is truly available and that
Audition is at fault. Adobe support is pointing towards Digidesign
suggesting that their driver is not compatible with Adobe. I'm
assuming that it is written to a standard that both vendors abide by,
but...

Testing with Pro Tools running causes an expected error in the ASIO
media player.

I've tested Audition with all startup programs disabled and in Windows
diagnostic mode (using MSCONFIG). The result is the same as before -
"the driver or hardware is currently not available...."

Any experience in using Audition, ASIO and the Digidesign 003
hardware? Any guidance on other areas to check?

(Windows XP SP1, Adobe Audition 3.0, Pro Tools 7.3 LE, Digidesign 003
rack)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] g.garcia762@gmail.com is offline

On Jan 6, 7:04*pm, MileHighNoise wrote:
[...]

I downloaded asio4all and it seemed to do the trick for me hope it
helps