Posted to rec.audio.pro
thepaulthomas thepaulthomas is offline

Default Aphex Compellor (old Model 300) questions

I'm was hoping to find a manual and schematic for the discontinued
Model 300 Compellor but Aphex no longer has copies available. Does
anyone here know if there's a relatively easy way to bypass the
internal linking of the two channels? The old model 300 only worked in
stereo mode and did not have a front panel switch for dual mono. Any
help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

thepaulthomas wrote:
I'm was hoping to find a manual and schematic for the discontinued
Model 300 Compellor but Aphex no longer has copies available. Does
anyone here know if there's a relatively easy way to bypass the
internal linking of the two channels? The old model 300 only worked in
stereo mode and did not have a front panel switch for dual mono. Any
help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think you can. I think there is only one control channel in
there. It won't just be a matter of cutting some traces, you'd have
to add more control logic.

If you want two mono program compressors, this is probably not the way to
go about it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Dec 30, 10:22 am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
thepaulthomas wrote:
I'm was hoping to find a manual and schematic for the discontinued
Model 300 Compellor but Aphex no longer has copies available. Does
anyone here know if there's a relatively easy way to bypass the
internal linking of the two channels? The old model 300 only worked in
stereo mode and did not have a front panel switch for dual mono. Any
help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think you can. I think there is only one control channel in
there. It won't just be a matter of cutting some traces, you'd have
to add more control logic.

If you want two mono program compressors, this is probably not the way to
go about it.

Thank you, Scott. I already have one and just thought it would be
handy to have dual mono capability if if was as simple as moving an
internal jumper or cutting a trace on the board. The 320A does dual
mono but they also cost a lot more. ;-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

thepaulthomas wrote:
[...]

You can probably find one on e-bay in the area of $400 to $600 if you
take a little time shopping.

DM

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:36:00 -0500, David Morgan \(MAMS\) wrote
(in article AqSdj.4094$ZI4.2282@trnddc08):

thepaulthomas wrote:
[...]

I have a 320. not a 320a, but it splits.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jwilliams3@audioupgrades.com is offline

On Dec 30, 9:59*am, thepaulthomas
wrote:
I'm was hoping to find a manual and schematic for the discontinued
Model 300 Compellor but Aphex no longer has copies available. Does
anyone here know if there's a relatively easy way to bypass the
internal linking of the two channels? The old model 300 only worked in
stereo mode and did not have a front panel switch for dual mono. Any
help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It can be done. It's not switchable, but it is a standard mod shown in
the manual. Contact Aphex in Sun Valley and they will give you the
info.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
I'm was hoping to find a manual and schematic for the discontinued
Model 300 Compellor but Aphex no longer has copies available. Does
anyone here know if there's a relatively easy way to bypass the
internal linking of the two channels? The old model 300 only worked in
stereo mode and did not have a front panel switch for dual mono. Any
help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It can be done. It's not switchable, but it is a standard mod shown in
the manual. Contact Aphex in Sun Valley and they will give you the
info.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

There's a possibility Jim, that since the 300 hasn't been 'supported' in
several years, one might not get a swift answer in this case. If it is in
the original manual, however, one just might get a copy of that from
the Aphex archives. (I never realized the mod was even possible).

Aphex Systems
11068 Randall St.
Sun Valley, CA. 91352

Phone: (818) 767-2929