Posted to rec.audio.pro
studiorat studiorat is offline

Default O.T. Mac OS reader and advice wanted.

Seasons Greetings!
Hi all, I hope everybody's well.
As the more internet savy of you can see here I'm using Booger Groups
to view this Usenet group. I have done for a while now and I can't
really see any disadvantages. But I'd like to try a news reader, just
for a change really, to get in with the in crowd and all that!!

Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.
Bearing in mind that I think Logic is difficult to use, hopefully it
would be easy enough to get my head around.

Best Regards,
Dave.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:11:26 -0800 (PST), studiorat
wrote:

Seasons Greetings!
Hi all, I hope everybody's well.
As the more internet savy of you can see here I'm using Booger Groups
to view this Usenet group. I have done for a while now and I can't
really see any disadvantages. But I'd like to try a news reader, just
for a change really, to get in with the in crowd and all that!!

Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.
Bearing in mind that I think Logic is difficult to use, hopefully it
would be easy enough to get my head around.

Before getting technical, have you checked that your isp HAS a news
server? Many don't.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Laurence Payne wrote:

studiorat wrote:

Seasons Greetings!
Hi all, I hope everybody's well.
As the more internet savy of you can see here I'm using Booger Groups
to view this Usenet group. I have done for a while now and I can't
really see any disadvantages. But I'd like to try a news reader, just
for a change really, to get in with the in crowd and all that!!

Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.
Bearing in mind that I think Logic is difficult to use, hopefully it
would be easy enough to get my head around.

Before getting technical, have you checked that your isp HAS a news
server? Many don't.

Even if they don't finding one is easy and need not cost more for typical
text group use more than 50c monthly.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

studiorat wrote:

Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.
Bearing in mind that I think Logic is difficult to use, hopefully it
would be easy enough to get my head around.

Looks like you are using Firefox, which has a built-in one. There is also
a longstanding tradition of Newswatcher clients dating back to OS 6 or so,
and the source tree has been split so many times I am not sure what is
currently available for OS X, but I know at least one Newswatcher variant is.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

studiorat wrote:

Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.

Thunderbird.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
ed wicks ed wicks is offline

In article , D C
wrote:

studiorat wrote:

Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.

I continue to use Eudora happily, as I have for several years. I am
scared to try to learn a new newsreader.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Adrian Tuddenham Adrian Tuddenham is offline

studiorat wrote:

[...]
Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.

MacSOUP has served me well for many years and many of the
uk.comp.sys.mac group are strong supporters of it. (You would have to
post your question to that group if you want to know all the reasons).

http://home.snafu.de/stk/macsoup/

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Dec 30, 6:41*pm, Les Cargill wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
studiorat wrote:
Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.
Bearing in mind that I think Logic is difficult to use, hopefully it
would be easy enough to get my head around.

Looks like you are using Firefox, which has a built-in one.

I don't think Firefox does. There's a differently named bundle
out of the Firefox family called Seamonkey that does incorporate a
newsreader. And, for all I know, you can run Thunderbird ( the mail/
news only client ) in parallel with Firefox.

I'm using Safari.
Though the thought of using an application called Thunderbird kind of
appeals to me.
I'll have a snoop around.
D.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:
studiorat wrote:
Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.
Bearing in mind that I think Logic is difficult to use, hopefully it
would be easy enough to get my head around.

Looks like you are using Firefox, which has a built-in one.

I don't think Firefox does. There's a differently named bundle
out of the Firefox family called Seamonkey that does incorporate a
newsreader. And, for all I know, you can run Thunderbird ( the mail/
news only client ) in parallel with Firefox.

I'm using Safari.
Though the thought of using an application called Thunderbird kind of
appeals to me.
I'll have a snoop around.
D.

This is from Vienna, can't see much difference really, yet!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

studiorat wrote:

I'm using Safari.
Though the thought of using an application called Thunderbird kind of
appeals to me.
I'll have a snoop around.
D.

I use Safari as well, but as a web browser.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
david correia david correia is offline

In article
,
studiorat wrote:

Seasons Greetings!
Hi all, I hope everybody's well.
As the more internet savy of you can see here I'm using Booger Groups
to view this Usenet group. I have done for a while now and I can't
really see any disadvantages. But I'd like to try a news reader, just
for a change really, to get in with the in crowd and all that!!

Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.
Bearing in mind that I think Logic is difficult to use, hopefully it
would be easy enough to get my head around.

Best Regards,
Dave.

I'm a longtime NewsWatcher user. Very easy.

http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/downloading.html

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:41:24 -0500, Les Cargill wrote
(in article ):

Scott Dorsey wrote:
studiorat wrote:
Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.
Bearing in mind that I think Logic is difficult to use, hopefully it
would be easy enough to get my head around.

Looks like you are using Firefox, which has a built-in one.

I don't think Firefox does. There's a differently named bundle
out of the Firefox family called Seamonkey that does incorporate a
newsreader. And, for all I know, you can run Thunderbird ( the mail/
news only client ) in parallel with Firefox.

There is also
a longstanding tradition of Newswatcher clients dating back to OS 6 or so,
and the source tree has been split so many times I am not sure what is
currently available for OS X, but I know at least one Newswatcher variant
is.

Les Cargill

I use hogwasher.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

studiorat wrote:

Would anybody like to suggest a reader for Mac OS that I can try.

MacSOUP (simple offline Usenet protocol) - great app.

http://www.macorchard.com/usenet/MacSOUP.php

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

Wanted: Advice on Eico HF-85 rebuild Jon Yaeger Vacuum Tubes 7 May 9th 06 04:36 AM
Portable DVD player advice wanted Pro Audio 1 October 12th 05 07:07 PM
Advice wanted. Jaanus Tech 4 March 27th 04 05:44 PM
pre-amp/equalizer - advice wanted eppy Audio Opinions 5 January 22nd 04 06:12 PM
Advice wanted on 24tk HD recorder.... Ron Charles Pro Audio 7 July 6th 03 10:03 PM