Posted to rec.audio.tubes, uk.rec.audio
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Now let us praise Otto Herbert Schmitt

Ecclesiastes admonishes us to praise famous men, by which the
translators of the King James version meant not "celebrity" trash on
telly but useful achievers.

One of the greatest of these in electronics was Herbert Otto Schmitt.
Among his other inventions which we use daily are the cathode
follower, the differential amplifier, the chopper-stabilized
amplifier, and the Schmitt trigger.

Schmitt died in 1998, ten years ago, and we were so tied up in our
petty squabbles that we neglected to salute a great man passing.

Let's make up for it now.

Herbert Otto Schmitt, 1913-1998, we salute you.

Andre Jute
Revelator
Posted to rec.audio.tubes, uk.rec.audio
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Ouch, when in two tries you don't get it right, you should be in
bed...

Andre Jute wrote:
Ecclesiastes admonishes us to praise famous men, by which the
translators of the King James version meant not "celebrity" trash on
telly but useful achievers.

One of the greatest of these in electronics was Otto Herbert Schmitt.
Among his other inventions which we use daily are the cathode
follower, the differential amplifier, the chopper-stabilized
amplifier, and the Schmitt trigger.

Schmitt died in 1998, ten years ago, and we were so tied up in our
petty squabbles that we neglected to salute a great man passing.

Let's make up for it now.

Otto Herbert Schmitt, 1913-1998, we salute you.

Andre Jute
Revelator

Posted to rec.audio.tubes, uk.rec.audio
tubegarden tubegarden is offline

On Dec 26, 11:36�pm, Andre Jute wrote:
Ouch, when in two tries you don't get it right, you should be in
bed...

Hi RATs!

I have been in bed since 1997. It doesn't help :^b

Happy New Ears!
Al

Chuck Ainlay, Frank Filipetti, George Massenburg, Elliot Scheiner, Al Schmitt [email protected] Pro Audio 0 November 9th 05 12:43 PM
RNC Praise mcp6453 Pro Audio 40 July 29th 05 03:54 AM
praise for Apple Tech support Joe Egan Pro Audio 0 March 5th 05 03:06 PM
Damned with faint praise and blind sided! Arny Krueger Tech 0 February 14th 05 12:00 PM
Praise for Radial Engineering Customer Service David Hoskins Pro Audio 0 July 8th 04 07:03 PM