Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nick Delonas Nick Delonas is offline

Default Is there any market for used DATs?

I'll never use this SV-3800 again, but wonder if it's even worth trying
to sell.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jay Kadis Jay Kadis is offline

In article ,
Nick Delonas wrote:

I'll never use this SV-3800 again, but wonder if it's even worth trying
to sell.

The 3800 was the best of the Panasonic machines. If anyone still wants
to play their DAT collection this would be the machine. Should be worth
selling if you can find the right party.

Don't suppose you'd trade for a half-dozen 3700s?

-Jay
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nick Delonas Nick Delonas is offline

In article ,
says...
Don't suppose you'd trade for a half-dozen 3700s?

LOL! Just what I need!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Jay Kadis wrote:
In article ,
Nick Delonas wrote:

I'll never use this SV-3800 again, but wonder if it's even worth trying
to sell.

The 3800 was the best of the Panasonic machines. If anyone still wants
to play their DAT collection this would be the machine. Should be worth
selling if you can find the right party.

Actually, the SV-4100 was the best of them. But the 3800 is okay, aside
from the wacky nonstandard sort-of-AES/EBU interfaces. They'll mate with
most things, though, even if they don't actually meet the spec.

The good news is that spare parts for the SV-3800 are still available from
Panasonic stock, which makes it a much better machine to have than some of
the alternatives.

There's a demand for these machines. It's not huge, and you won't get
a lot for them, but look on Ebay.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

I wish I could get a decent price for my (upgraded) DA-88. I'll take a thou,
if anyone wants it.