Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Dave xxxx[_2_] Dave xxxx[_2_] is offline

Default Tube Rolling ? where did the saying come from ?

Tube Rolling ? where did the saying come from ?

ta in advance

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mick mick is offline

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:03:14 +0000, Dave xxxx wrote:

Tube Rolling ? where did the saying come from ?

I suppose it's because as soon as you put them down on the bench after
unplugging them the little blighters try to roll away from you... ;-)

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info http://mixpix.batcave.net

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sal Brisindi Sal Brisindi is offline

Dave xxxx wrote:
Tube Rolling ? where did the saying come from ?

ta in advance

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
robert casey robert casey is offline

Tube Rolling ? where did the saying come from ?

I think Al Gore coined that phrase... :-)

I thought it was Bill Clinton, but he didn't fire up the heaters... :-)

What did Santa Claus say at the house of ill repute?
"Ho ho ho!"
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

Dave wondered

Tube Rolling ? where did the saying come from ?

Plain English, I assumed. From "roll up" as in "form a
queue" rather than "make a spliff".

Ian

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
PhattyMo PhattyMo is offline

Ian Iveson wrote:
Dave wondered

Tube Rolling ? where did the saying come from ?

Plain English, I assumed. From "roll up" as in "form a
queue" rather than "make a spliff".

Ian

Aww....I prefer the 'make a spliff' explaination..
Swap tubes..."yeah man,that's the ticket!!" then you roll a spliff and
enjoy your new Tele/Mullard/whatever.

*shrug*

[PS,I'm sick and running a high fever,so I might not make any sense.
(not that I ever do!)]