Posted to rec.audio.pro
Water Cooler v2 Water Cooler v2 is offline

Default Merging two monos to a stereo using Audacity

How do we combine two raw mono WAVs with the same bit-rate and
frequency into a single stereo file, using Audacity?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

Water Cooler v2 wrote:

How do we combine two raw mono WAVs with the same bit-rate and
frequency into a single stereo file, using Audacity?

We go to the place on either track where's it's labeled "Audio Teack"
and we use to pull down menu and select "Make Stereo".

Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

Water Cooler v2 wrote:

How do we combine two raw mono WAVs with the same bit-rate and
frequency into a single stereo file, using Audacity?

We go to the place on either track where's it's labeled "Audio Teack"
and we use to pull down menu and select "Make Stereo".

Thanks.

You're welcome, my spelling aside.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

D C wrote:
Water Cooler v2 wrote:

How do we combine two raw mono WAVs with the same bit-rate and
frequency into a single stereo file, using Audacity?
We go to the place on either track where's it's labeled "Audio Teack"
and we use to pull down menu and select "Make Stereo".

Thanks.

You're welcome, my spelling aside.

Mine doesn't have an "Audio Teack", but it does have an "Audio Maple"
option...

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Water Cooler v2 wrote:

How do we combine two raw mono WAVs with the same bit-rate and
frequency into a single stereo file, using Audacity?

Whaddaya mean, so that one file is the left channel of the new stereo track
and the other the right channel?

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
anahata anahata is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:
Water Cooler v2 wrote:

Whaddaya mean, so that one file is the left channel of the new stereo track
and the other the right channel?

Yup, in Audacity you can group a pair of tracks together as a "stereo"
track and most operations performed on it are duplicated on the L and R
components.

When you import a stereo .WAV or .MP3 into Audacity it is grouped as
stereo by default, but if you brought two mono tracks in separately they
wouldn't be grouped until you asked Audacity to do so.

--
Anahata
-+- http://www.treewind.co.uk
Posted to rec.audio.pro

anahata wrote:

Peter Larsen wrote:
Water Cooler v2 wrote:

Whaddaya mean, so that one file is the left channel of the new
stereo track and the other the right channel?

Yup, in Audacity you can group a pair of tracks together as a "stereo"
track and most operations performed on it are duplicated on the L and
R components.

When you import a stereo .WAV or .MP3 into Audacity it is grouped as
stereo by default, but if you brought two mono tracks in separately
they wouldn't be grouped until you asked Audacity to do so.

The follow ups looked to me as if being about converting a mono track into
identical left and right tracks.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

Matt Ion wrote:

You're welcome, my spelling aside.

Mine doesn't have an "Audio Teack", but it does have an "Audio Maple"
option...

I placed an ad in Mix once, and added at TEAC product by phone at the
last minute. They spelled it "TEAK".
Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:

The follow ups looked to me as if being about converting a mono track into
identical left and right tracks.

That's not what I answered. Did it sound like I meant that? Maybe.