Posted to rec.audio.pro
The Realm The Realm is offline

Default PLEK for Guitar - waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

I sent my fender telecaster to joe glaser of nashville to get it
PLEKd.

cost me $200 + shipping...

when it returned, I could not tell any difference, none,
zero...supposed to be less buzzing on frets...no difference. and I
have medium action on my guitar, not low action.

he told me to include new strings in the case for them to put on to do
the plek.

well, the new strings are still in my guitar case...

so I can only conclude one of two things happened.

1. PLEK is complete waste of money.
2. they didn't plek my guitar but charged me for it...

either way, I got screwed...

they seemed to have alot of confusion about what guitar was
mine...told me it had shipped to me when it had not....
so they seem so disorganized that I wouldn't be surprised if they
didn't even plek it....

I am highly disappointed....if it had made a difference, I planned to
send my strat, les paul, and rick bass to him....

so I am posting...

anyone else have bad experience wiht this PLEK computer setup for
guitar....it machines your frets for best setup....least amount of
buzz...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil Nil is offline

On 22 Dec 2007, The Realm wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

so I can only conclude one of two things happened.

1. PLEK is complete waste of money.
2. they didn't plek my guitar but charged me for it...

either way, I got screwed...

Seems to me you should be able to tell if the frets were dressed,
especially it they were worn enough before to warrant PLEKing. It
sounds like they may have mixed things up and not done the job. Can't
you contact them and discuss it?