Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Thompson-Bell Ian Thompson-Bell is offline

Default Demagetizing Tubes

I have come across a reference in Chapter 18 of RDH4 to an article
entitled 'Demagnetizing valves - a cure for residual ripple'

Can anyone throw any light on this? or has anyone tried demagnetizing
valves??

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
PeterD PeterD is offline

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:04:41 +0000, Ian Thompson-Bell
wrote:

I have come across a reference in Chapter 18 of RDH4 to an article
entitled 'Demagnetizing valves - a cure for residual ripple'

Can anyone throw any light on this? or has anyone tried demagnetizing
valves??

Ian

Generally only needed if the flux capacitor has failed.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
graham graham is offline

wrote:

I have come across a reference in Chapter 18 of RDH4 to an article
entitled 'Demagnetizing valves - a cure for residual ripple'

Can anyone throw any light on this? or has anyone tried demagnetizing
valves??

Ian

Generally only needed if the flux capacitor has failed.

Does that mean I should demagnetize my DeLorean?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
robert casey robert casey is offline

I have come across a reference in Chapter 18 of RDH4 to an article
entitled 'Demagnetizing valves - a cure for residual ripple'

Can anyone throw any light on this? or has anyone tried demagnetizing
valves??

Keeping stray 60Hz magnetic fields away from tubes would be a good idea.
Such fields might have small effects on pre-amp triode's mu, as the
electrons get deflected one way and then another. One usually does this
by keeping power transformers well away from the small signal audio tubes.
What did Santa Claus say at the house of ill repute?
"Ho ho ho!"
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
PhattyMo PhattyMo is offline

wrote:

I have come across a reference in Chapter 18 of RDH4 to an article
entitled 'Demagnetizing valves - a cure for residual ripple'

Can anyone throw any light on this? or has anyone tried demagnetizing
valves??

Ian

Generally only needed if the flux capacitor has failed.

Does that mean I should demagnetize my DeLorean?

Yes.
Be careful of the chrome-plated electric muffler bearings,they're hard
to find anymore. :-p

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
PeterD PeterD is offline

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:51:07 -0800, "graham"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I have come across a reference in Chapter 18 of RDH4 to an article
entitled 'Demagnetizing valves - a cure for residual ripple'

Can anyone throw any light on this? or has anyone tried demagnetizing
valves??

Ian

Generally only needed if the flux capacitor has failed.

Does that mean I should demagnetize my DeLorean?

Do you have the Mr. Fusion upgrade or not?
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
graham graham is offline

"PeterD" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:51:07 -0800, "graham"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

I have come across a reference in Chapter 18 of RDH4 to an article
entitled 'Demagnetizing valves - a cure for residual ripple'

Can anyone throw any light on this? or has anyone tried demagnetizing
valves??

Ian

Generally only needed if the flux capacitor has failed.

Does that mean I should demagnetize my DeLorean?

Do you have the Mr. Fusion upgrade or not?

I do, but he never mentioned a need to demagnetize. I'll just
hop in the car and go back and ask him ....

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John-Del John-Del is offline

On Dec 22, 9:11 am, PeterD wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:51:07 -0800, "graham"

Do you have the Mr. Fusion upgrade or not?

I bought one from TV huckster Billy Mays, and like everything else he
sells, it doesn't work. At least I got a free "super shammy"

John