Philipp Wachtel

Default Marian Marc2 - any opinions and experiences with it?!

Hi everyone!

Please, excuse my silly question!!!!

I´m considering to get a new audio card. So far, I´ve chosen either the
Marian Marc2 OR Terratec´s EWX 2496 (with the same envy chipset as M-audio
2496, but way cheaper).

The Marc2 seems more "pro" to me than the EWX2496. I´d just like to have
some opinions on the Marc2, if possible even comparisons in usage behaviour.

I´ve taken some time to check out, which cards on the market would match my
very tight budget / features wishlist. The M-Audio2496 is a good product,
but it costs about 50 ? more than the EWX with the same chipset and that´s
more than I want to spend - yes, I know there are more manufacturing factors
to the result than just the chipset ;-)

What I want to do:

- record AUDIO from external sources (I´m not interested in wavetables /
MIDI stuff) in decent quality (something better than that crappy borrowed SB
live I´ve been using for some months now)
- I use Cakewalk Sonar for audio-recording, Cubase SX for mixing

- have the ability to copy recordings digitally from/to my MD-recorder (Sony
MDS-JE 500, only _optical_ TOSLINK digi IO !!!)

Phil